What resources help kids financially of Legal Guardians

State and local government assistance programs.
Tiger
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

What resources help kids financially of Legal Guardians

Post by Tiger »

Hello, my name is Melissa, age 43 and I'm a single, disabled, guardian to my 2 nieces ages 12 and 16 and my 2 nephews ages 14 and 15. I have been the Legal Guardian of my 2 nieces for over 10 years and my 2 nephews their whole life. I also take care of my elderly disabled mother age 68. I've always seemed to have a very difficult time providing for them but I do the best that I can. I do not receive any kind of support from their parents, never have.
I've been looking on the internet trying to find some kind of help for Legal Guardians and I seen your site about all the help you offer and so I thought I'd send this email in hopes of receiving your help. I've never really asked anyone like this for help, so this is my first time doing this. Unfortunately, we're in need of several kinds of help. We rent our home now, only our landlord recently passed away and his daughter is mow selling the properties and we have to move asap.
I've been searching for something that we can all fit in and comfortably afford but I've had no luck. We currently have no transportation other than my brother when he's not at work. I definitely have no way to provide Christmas so we don't even have a tree. I know this is suppose to be a happy time of year, but we can't seem to get in the spirit and the joy it brings because of all the sadness and worries and stress upon each of us. I could really use your help if there is any way possible.. please email me back and let me know what our options for resources for me as a Legal Guardians taking care of my are or if you can help in any way. We are greatly appreciative in your efforts to create a miracle for our family this holiday season. Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Malden
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: What resources help kids financially of Legal Guardians

Post by Malden »

Hello, I have been on your website reading. I am looking for help in Maine. I am in need of a domestic abuse lawyer that can help me with having full legal guardianship of my daughter. Her father has been out of the picture since 2018 and doesn't pay child support. Another lawyer has said he is considered abandonment. My daughter is special needs he has been abusive our entire relationship and has gotten in trouble in the state he's in for harming other children. I need to protect my daughter and myself as a Legal Guardian. Any help you can give me I'd truly appreciate. Thank you for your time.
Megan