Short term disability and want to get long term disability

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
Tony Fauci
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Short term disability and want to get long term disability

Post by Tony Fauci »

Hello my name is Michael, I am 55 years old and on short term disability and need longer term help. I do not have a address because I've been homeless for 6 months. I need directed to somebody in Kentucky that is real. I worked 35 years at Bob Evans restaurant and had a normal life with kids and a family for support before I went onto short term disability. I lost my family and was put on SSDI since then I have struggled to maintain a home car food. My parents and all my siblings are deceased. I am depressed.
Life has changed and I can't afford a apartment and a car at once. I am a educated man. I bring home 1800 a month and the resources I contacted said I make to much for help to transition from short to long term disability. Life is not fun for me, I've been freezing and hungry. I have a spinal cord injury and cancer of the adrenal glands. But I look pretty good. I feel I'm being judged. Thanks for the time. Sincerely Michael
Emma1

Re: Short term disability and want to get long term disability

Post by Emma1 »

I live in Huntington, WV. I have researched for months on rental and utility assistance as well as how to get long term disability. However, the local and State agencies claim to have no funding resources available.
I am on short term disability but need permanent disability retirement due to severe health issues and work part-time for the local library. I am told (as recently as 3 weeks ago) that I am over income for assistance such as SNAP or HUD subsidized housing.
Does your organization have any resources for low income, disabled people who are facing utility disconnection and homelessness?
Any help with resources would be greatly appreciated, as I am in a very dire situation.
Thank you for your help!
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Short term disability and want to get long term disability

Post by Admin »

Hi,
Disability is hard to get, period. Whether you have short term, long term, or first applying, etc. We have details on the process, but also look into advocates as well as lawyers to help with the application process. Find advocates to help get long term disability.