Landlord denied me apartment from credit issues and need options

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Jade
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Landlord denied me apartment from credit issues and need options

Post by Jade »

Hello
My name is Renee and I’m desperately needing some help and information. I applied for a apartment that I currently share with roommate this week because they are moving August 1st, and was denied due to credit and unknown to me I have a eviction from October 2023. I am livid with this, I had the ERAP approved to pay my rent and then some due to pandemic.
My lease was also expiring so I moved out and was completely out October 1st, I lived out of my car from October -March, I never went to court, I never received any bills from the apartment, and did not know they were trying to evict me because I had the assistance approved it was just running behind. Now I am facing homeless again within a month because I did not know this until the complex ran a rental screening and I did not know the landlord could deny me based on credit. I am at loss and do not know what to do. I’m unable to get assistance because my income is to much. I do not qualify for programs because I’m single. It is just the low credit issues. I need help even being homeless. I do not have a vehicle at this time, so living in my car is not a option. I’m judged on paper and no one will give me a chance. I work 48 hours a week and cannot get ahead. The apartment was in the wrong and I should not have a eviction on my record. And I do not know what to do. I’d it even possible to rent again? I’m emailing all I can for information on legal help and renting. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Landlord denied me apartment from credit issues and need options

Post by Admin »

Hi Renee
If the landlord is making an issue over credit, or lack of it, try a no-income or bad credit apartment program. As there are options out there from both HUD and private landlords. Look here for them here, on this resource for bad credit housing. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... redit.html
Jade wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:18 am Hello
My name is Renee and I’m desperately needing some help and information. I applied for a apartment that I currently share with roommate this week because they are moving August 1st, and was denied due to credit and unknown to me I have a eviction from October 2023. I am livid with this, I had the ERAP approved to pay my rent and then some due to pandemic.