Unemployed and living in truck

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
villarealthomas
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Unemployed and living in truck

Post by villarealthomas »

hello. my name is thomas and i am currently unemployed and living in my truck. i am two months behind on my car bill and am about to lose my car insurance. i really need help asap. i have applied for jobs in san antonio tx, and here in santa monica ca, no luck! i dont want to lose my car and be on the streets. i am 35 years old and this is the first time that i have ever been out of a job and pretty much homeless. please help me in any way possible. this money issue is driving me crazy..thanks
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Unemployed and living in truck

Post by Admin »

So where are you looking for jobs? In CA or TX? As those areas are not even near each other. But yes, you need a job if you are unemployed, and we have many services listed. Not only is there work from home, but also government job training and more. Click more information.
Terence
anti spam: Blue

Re: Unemployed and living in truck

Post by Terence »

Hi
I am enquiring what financial assistance is available please to assist my friend living in his truck in Elk City? He was unemployed but now works at Walmart (hours vary but reduced due to Covid) and until recently was living in low income housing however he couldn’t afford the utility bills. I’ve helped him out financially previously but can’t do it long term.
Basically his earnings do not cover his basic living needs of shelter, food and phone/car.
He moved into a cheap motel thinking that was better as it included internet, hot water etc. but cannot afford that either so will be living in his truck after Monday
I live in England and here there are state benefits to top up low income people
Is there anything similar in the USA to help someone living in their truck?
I don't know if he doesn’t know where to turn to for help or is too proud to (?)
His family don’t seem willing to or are unable to help.
I am seriously concerned for his welfare as he is diabetic and not eating well and he may lose his job again and be unemployed.
Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated
Kind regards
Karen