need help with deposit and first month rent

Find how to get help with rent
CJ86
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

need help with deposit and first month rent

Post by CJ86 »

We are facing with an eviction notice soon. Our income has been cut in half due to seasonal seasons. We're looking to get another apartment and in order for us to move in we need to pay a deposit and first month rent. We don't have 900 dollars right now. I was wondering is there any organizations out here for us to contact?

I live in Clarksville, Montgomery County, TN.

Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: need help with deposit and first month rent

Post by Admin »

Try the local community action agency that is located at 350 Pageant Lane,Suite 307, Clarksville. They offer rent assistance, and also such programs as weatherization.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ee_as.html
CJ86 wrote:We are facing with an eviction notice soon. Our income has been cut in half due to seasonal seasons. We're looking to get another apartment and in order for us to move in we need to pay a deposit and first month rent. We don't have 900 dollars right now. I was wondering is there any organizations out here for us to contact?

I live in Clarksville, Montgomery County, TN.

Thank you.
MarryM

Post by MarryM »

i am in desperate need of help paying my first month rent and deposit. it has been a struggle for my husband and I who have been living with different family members since May 1,2010 in Durham North Carolina. I am in desperate need of an apartment because I have a child that is due in April and we also have two step kids who come over ever day. It is very difficult to watch them at various people homes because their is no place like your own. I have applied for an apartment and gotten accepted now I need the rent and deposit by tomorrow! I know this is short notice but please please help me. This is where I can be reached.
MarryM

Post by MarryM »

I am a newly wed/single mom who is in need of immediate housing. My husband and I can qualify for an apartment based on his income,we need assistance with the first months rent and security deposit. Can you tell me of a agency in Oregon City that will assist with that. My child is 19 so there are some agencies that will not assist due to his age. Need money for rent and deposits. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is in Clackamas County Oregon, isn't it? If so, here are some various options and programs for you. Some can provide help with paying your deposit and first months rent. Try calling the Oregon City based Clackamas County Community action agency at (503) 650-5750. The government also runs some services and assistance programs, and they go by the name of the Clackamas County Social Services. There number is (503) 655-8640. Many of these do offer housing and rental programs, and advice on options like debt reduction.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cla ... ce_pr.html
MarryM wrote:I am a newly wed/single mom who is in need of immediate housing. My husband and I can qualify for an apartment based on his income,we need assistance with the first months rent and security deposit. Can you tell me of a agency in Oregon City that will assist with that. My child is 19 so there are some agencies that will not assist due to his age. Need money for rent and deposits. Thank you
SandyMacd

Post by SandyMacd »

I NEED HELP PAYING MY RENT FOR TWO MONTHS IN A TOTAL OF $1,000.00. MY HUSBAND HAS A JOB BUT CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY RENT AND THE OTHER BILLS WE HAVE BY HIMSELF. WORK IS VERY SLOW. I AM A CROSSING GUARD AND I AM OUT OF WORK FOR 10 WEEKS WITHOUT PAY. UNFORTUNATELY WE DO NOT GET PAID IN THE SUMMER. IF I COLLECT UNEMPLOYMENT, I WILL LOSE MY JOB. I NEED HELP FAST. I HAVE THREE CHILDREN. I DO NOT WANT TO BECOME HOMELESS. I AM LOOKING FOR WORK BUT IN THIS ECONOMY IT IS HARD TO FIND IT. YOU HAVE TO HAVE A DEGREE TO GET THE JOBS THAT ARE AVAILABLE OUT HERE. I DO NOT HAVE THE QUALIFICATIONS. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! I DO NOT NEED ANY GIMMICKS AND CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY A FEE. PLEASE HELP ME! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
Courtney

Post by Courtney »

I am a 30 yr. old single mother and I am currently living from house to house with family and friends. I am currently employed at a daycare center and have been there for 1.5 years and still only receiving $7.50/hr, my starting wage. I have applied for subsidized housing however I am not eligible due to a debt I owe from over 8 years ago. My plan B is to apply for non-subsidized housing, but I cannot afford to pay the rent and the deposit and most places want a application fee. I am looking for resources in my area (Dayton, Oh) that helps with paying rent and deposit. I have spent several weeks and hours browsing the internet for those resources and I am exhausted but not willing to give up. I actually thought this was a site that provided those kinds of resources so I signed up and was more frustrated to find out it's just people like myself crying out for help. What do I do? Help me please!
Howard

Post by Howard »

Me and my boyfriend of three years have been living with my parents for quite sometime and they dont have the means to support us. We are starting college in the fall and my boyfriend just acquired a part time job at big lots, but we need some help to get started in our own place by the time school starts. I looked up one of the programs on the site and it said it would help with security deposit and from three to eighteen months of rent,if you would consider helping us all we need is security deposit and one months rent to get started. Thank you for reading this and your response will be very much appreciated.
Courtney

Post by Courtney »

SandyMacd wrote:I NEED HELP PAYING MY RENT FOR TWO MONTHS IN A TOTAL OF $1,000.00. MY HUSBAND HAS A JOB BUT CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY RENT AND THE OTHER BILLS WE HAVE BY HIMSELF. WORK IS VERY SLOW. I AM A CROSSING GUARD AND I AM OUT OF WORK FOR 10 WEEKS WITHOUT PAY. UNFORTUNATELY WE DO NOT GET PAID IN THE SUMMER. IF I COLLECT UNEMPLOYMENT, I WILL LOSE MY JOB. I NEED HELP FAST. I HAVE THREE CHILDREN. I DO NOT WANT TO BECOME HOMELESS. I AM LOOKING FOR WORK BUT IN THIS ECONOMY IT IS HARD TO FIND IT. YOU HAVE TO HAVE A DEGREE TO GET THE JOBS THAT ARE AVAILABLE OUT HERE. I DO NOT HAVE THE QUALIFICATIONS. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! I DO NOT NEED ANY GIMMICKS AND CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY A FEE. PLEASE HELP ME! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
Look up emergency rental assistance programs in your area. Several links should pop up and they may be able to help you. I having the same problems, just different scenario. They want help me because the people who can help me I already owe them money from several years back, so they may help you. Good Luck : )
Sonyradas

Post by Sonyradas »

Hi. I would like to know if there are any rental assistant programs that would be able to help me with the first month's rent and the security deposit. I am a single mom w/ a 13 year old boy. I have a full time job making $9.50 an hour and my son gets SSI but it is based on my income so it varies from month to month which is not much. I recently found a one bedroom apartment in South Whitehall/Allentown area but I would need $1240 to move in by October 1st. I am able to come up with about half of the amount and need help w/ the security deposit. Can someone please contact me w/ local programs that may be willing to help me? I live in the Allentown PA area. Thank you so much.
Buffet12

Post by Buffet12 »

hi..i have to 2 kids and i live in Chicago, Illinois and i been looking for an apartment for a month already and nothing because they want a security deposit as well as big payment for month number one rent and my husband don't make that much money and need help in rent and deposit..if we can pay that we will be able to pay rent in Chicago apartment going forward. thank you so much hope to hear u soon
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Find information on our Cook County and Chicago rental and other financial assistance programs. One of the great things is that the city of Chicago also runs their own housing and utility program too, so the city is involved in directly providing rental assistance and funds to the low income in the region. All the details for getting help with apartment rent in Chicago is here, as well as the phone numbers to call.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/coo ... ogram.html
Buffet12 wrote:hi..i have to 2 kids and i live in Chicago, Illinois and i been looking for an apartment for a month already and nothing because they want a security deposit as well as big payment for month number one rent and my husband don't make that much money and need help in rent and deposit..if we can pay that we will be able to pay rent in Chicago apartment going forward. thank you so much hope to hear u soon
Passion

Post by Passion »

I am living with a friend for now but it's been difficult saving money because I'm helping her with rent and I live over 30min from my work place. I work a lot and sometimes 7 days a week. Yet I feel like I'm getting no where because I'm spending so much money in gas to get back and forth to work. I need help coming up with my deposit on a place and first months rent. I found an apartment right around the corner of my work place. I just need help getting in there. I really wanna get in there before winter sets in. Please I need help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Help with rent, moving expenses, and deposits is the most common need we get requests for, so we have tens of thousands of charities, government programs, etc. that may have funds for rent. Of course the programs are local, so need to call ones in your town or county. Find ways to get help with rent and a summary of the programs. Then can drill down into local resources and agencies to call for advice.
Passion wrote:I am living with a friend for now but it's been difficult saving money because I'm helping her with rent and I live over 30min from my work place. I work a lot and sometimes 7 days a week. Yet I feel like I'm getting no where because I'm spending so much money in gas to get back and forth to work. I need help coming up with my deposit on a place and first months rent. I found an apartment right around the corner of my work place. I just need help getting in there. I really wanna get in there before winter sets in. Please I need help.
Kramer

Post by Kramer »

I am single mom with 13 years old son. We have to move from apartment we are living now. I found an apartment for about same price I am paying now, but because of my low income landlord asking me to make a deposit of 2 x rent - $ 1990.00. I am looking after some organization witch will help me and my son to move to new apartment. This is very important for us we don't have any relatives and I can't borrow because of my income. I am working very hard full time as a care giver. Please help us. Thank you.