I have a masters degree but still struggling with rent payments

Find how to get help with rent
DeniseRadford
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I have a masters degree but still struggling with rent payments

Post by DeniseRadford »

I'm inquiring about assistance on paying my rent. I currently fell behind on my rent by two months due to a temporary layoff. I have just recently graduated from school with Master’s degree. I have a four year old that resides with me I just sent him to stay with my aunt because I'm scared of eviction and didn't want him to see me struggle like this.
If there is any way that you provide assistance it would be greatly appreciated. I'm still catching up on my light bill. I just need a little help. I have begun working again and when I receive my tax money I would be glad to donate back whatever help you can provide.
Cream
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: I have a masters degree but still struggling with rent payments

Post by Cream »

Hello,
My name is Alesha. I just happened to read your information on the Google site. I have been homeless for going on 4 years even though I have multiple master degrees. I sleep in my storage sometimes and sometimes, I sleep in my car. I stay with people I know a day or two but, these people have children and some are married.
I don't like to impose all the time. I do have a full time job and still can't afford rent even with my education and degrees. Unfortunately, this job doesn't pay me enough to afford a place in Newark because of the expensive as rent. I became homeless four years ago when my mother died.
I am a well educated person with two Masters degrees in Education and Adult education training. I used to work for the East Orange schools where they didn't want to pay any money after giving them 23 years.
I wanted to be a teacher and I am having a hard time passing the teacher praxis test. I am just going through some rough barriers that I am trying to get. I am in need of extra cash and food stamps.
I applied for welfare and because I work for DCP&P as a transporter. I only make after taxes, 1,025. I am tired staying in hotels and tired living in my car and my storage. I have been looking for another job that can pay me a little bit more money. I am asking for your help.
I have reached out to Newark City Hall and they haven't got back to me. I have applied for some jobs in Newark, working with children and I can't seem to make it pass, "Thank you for submitting your application, someone will get back to you."