help with rent

Find how to get help with rent
marykate
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

help with rent

Post by marykate »

i got my five day pay or quit notice on monday. I have til friday to find the rest of the money that i owe. I need help and fast. I live in Waukesha, WI. Even a number that can help me, but i have no where to go if i dont try to make this rent. should i see if my landlord will accept whatever i have now or what should i do? Help me and fast please.

Thank you.

Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: help with rent

Post by Admin »

That does not leave much time. You should always explore options before you get that far behind. But you are where you are, so here is a link for some programs and organization in Waukesha Wisconsin. Places like the Salvation Army Family Services program may provide emergency rental help. Call them at (262)547-7367.
You can also try Family Service of Waukesha County. They tend to focus more on debt problems, but they may be able to help, or provide you with other contact information and local resources. 262-547-5567.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html
marykate wrote:i got my five day pay or quit notice on monday. I have til friday to find the rest of the money that i owe. I need help and fast. I live in Waukesha, WI. Even a number that can help me, but i have no where to go if i dont try to make this rent. should i see if my landlord will accept whatever i have now or what should i do? Help me and fast please.

Thank you.
satera

rent assistance please

Post by satera »

i am a single mother on emfib, we were in a domestic abuse shelter for over two months. I switched counties, everything transphered properly. now my worker said they had to have an mailing address before they could open a case in that county(i have used thier county assistance before) i told the caseworker i have no home and need assistance programs (emergency), me and my daughter cant stay at the place we are at, we must get a apartment. what assistance should i look into.?. shouldnt i be eligable for emergency assistance of some short for previously living in a emergency shelter, switching counties? I have a OFP against offender, a saftey plan, BUT my offender lives 3 doors down from "my mailing address". we do not feel safe and feel the county should help. any feed back would be great.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: rent assistance please

Post by Admin »

What county/state? If you live that close to offender does sound sketchy. I think the county does need to address that. Also look into speaking to an attorney. Many offer free advice to income qualified people to deal with family and domestic issues, and I suspect you would fall into that situation.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/fre ... dvice.html
satera wrote:i am a single mother on emfib, we were in a domestic abuse shelter for over two months. I switched counties, everything transphered properly. now my worker said they had to have an mailing address before they could open a case in that county(i have used thier county assistance before) i told the caseworker i have no home and need assistance programs (emergency), me and my daughter cant stay at the place we are at, we must get a apartment. what assistance should i look into.?. shouldnt i be eligable for emergency assistance of some short for previously living in a emergency shelter, switching counties? I have a OFP against offender, a saftey plan, BUT my offender lives 3 doors down from "my mailing address". we do not feel safe and feel the county should help. any feed back would be great.