veteran in portland oregon needs help

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
cabdriver
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

veteran in portland oregon needs help

Post by cabdriver »

iam a cab driver , and met this 60 year old woman that is a milatary veteran! who is struggling so bad financialy. she has cancer tumors in her head and all throught her body . she also has a service dog named cinder who is her lifeline. she is on disability , around 1100 a month. she lives very modest,no cable tv ,nothing fancy . her va benefits on cover most of her medical ,which she has alot.her service dog got ill and now she has 900 vet bill. i give her free ride to store and i can see this stress is killing her health. i hope that you can find a charity or private party that will step in and help her out with monthly expenses.this is crazy that a service veteran has to live what short life she has left like this. i have looked for help and found nothing . iam in hope that someone can help me help her. i would like to see her live her life out stress free and a warm heart. after rent,electric,medical,phone,vet bills she has nothing left the rest of the month. this just isnt right
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: verteran in portland oregon needs help

Post by Admin »

We do have extensive information on financial assistance programs for bills, rent, and other basic needs in Oregon. Find a listing of all state and local services using this link for Oregon assistance. If you go midway down the page you will find options specific to Portland Oregon. Maybe her needs include clinics, rent, utilities, and more, and you can find resources for all of those. Not so sure about the vet bills. That is tougher.
cabdriver wrote:iam a cab driver , and met this 60 year old woman that is a military veteran! who is struggling so bad financially. she has cancer tumors in her head and all through her body . she also has a service dog named cinder who is her lifeline. she is on disability , around 1100 a month. she lives very modest,no cable tv ,nothing fancy . her va benefits on cover most of her medical ,which she has alot.her service dog got ill and now she has 900 vet bill. i give her free ride to store and i can see this stress is killing her health. i hope that you can find a charity or private party that will step in and help her out with monthly expenses.this is crazy that a service veteran has to live what short life she has left like this. i have looked for help and found nothing . iam in hope that someone can help me help her. i would like to see her live her life out stress free and a warm heart. after rent,electric,medical,phone,vet bills she has nothing left the rest of the month. this just isnt right
cabdriver

Re: verteran in portland oregon needs help

Post by cabdriver »

I will do that. but iam assuming this is the agencies i have called upon that state they are not able to help her. i did find a place that will deliver a food box (5 days) worth once a month . which will help her a little . there should be a place to sponser a veteran, what a thought ,if 65 people sponsered 10 dollar a month her rent would be paid. leaving her to feel independent with out struggling the rest of the month. i will keep searching
Nia Naccidd
anti spam: Blue

Re: veteran in portland oregon needs help

Post by Nia Naccidd »

Hello, I need additional immediate assistance. I am a veteran in Portland Oregon. I have been through your site; it’s complicated for me.
Cash for temporary crises is what I need, and long-term mortgage assistance. I saw the Oregon Hardest Hit Fund on your website. I am calling them Monday.
I am 65, out of work, documented disability with the state, own a small house, live alone, no unemployment, have a food card. I have looked for work everywhere as a veteran.
There is no money for the house payment or bills. (now) My greatest problem is the property taxes due 2/15/24 if not paid. I am in default, it’s in the note.
Need cash to keep existing phone line, internet, email for jobs, Lifeline is not a fix, as soon as you work you don't qualify.
211 in Oregon does not work (4 times). I did find funding for electricity.
I have no savings, never be able to retire, (ever). Car has 423,000 miles on it, have cash for two tanks of gas and a food card, that’s it. Seems there is little funding here, or I don’t know how to look for it. Seems you may have more federal leads 1800 phone #s? (Any ideas for a veteran in Portland)