Catch 22 - Need a ride in order to work to fix said car

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Darsi
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Catch 22 - Need a ride in order to work to fix said car

Post by Darsi »

Hello, I am 42 years old widowed and disabled. I receive disability benefits and still have to work side jobs to make ends meet, but I need a car (ride) to work. My former employer recently moved out of the city and as a gift for all my hard work helping him sell his house he helped me purchase a vehicle.
Long story short there have been problems with the car the guy that sold it to us was kind of a shady character and did not deliver what he had promised. So since my car needs to be fixed, I can't work, and can't make the money to then fix the car which is a vicious circle or so called catch 22.
I live in South Texas and have lupus and the car does not have air conditioning and to top it off two days ago the Hood flew up and smashed the roof and the windshield while I was on the freeway in the Middle Lane!! This happened because, once again, the fellow that sold us the vehicle did janky repairs and had actually removed the radiator prior to taking the final payment from us. We had to get it towed over to where I'm staying and I had to purchase a new radiator and pay somebody to put it in and the car has been kind of jerry-rigged, anyhow in the mechanism for securing the trunk was Disturbed during the radiator replacement and the proper bolts were not there as well as the latch was kind of wobbly anyway.. anyhow, so I have no windshield or air conditioning, and I just can't afford to fix both - or either really right now! I would be able to work if I had a ride and I can't have the ride without making some money to fix the problems - it's a catch 22.
I am very grateful for the vehicle, yes, however I have an illness that basically causes me to be allergic to the heat and sun. After trying to drive around to make an appointment I had the other day I ended up getting seriously ill and was bedridden for 3 days. I'm sure I have said way too much information at this point I just wanted to give you all some details as to what my situation is. I have been asking around and a friend of mine suggested your organization and I have been reading your website and it said to email if we had any specific questions in finding assistance. I live in Corpus Christi Texas. Zip code 78418, I don't know if that is pertinent but I'm providing it just in case. You can email me back at this return address to let me know if you can help fix my car so I can get a ride to work - ending the Catch 22.
I am at the end of my rope and I'm just looking for a hand up not a hand out, I do get my check on or around the first of July, maybe a few days sooner because I have direct deposit, I just I'm going through a lot right now I even have to move out of the house that I'm staying in because the lease is up and the landlord is not renewing because he wants to sell the house and I'm fixing to lose everything in my storage unit because I'm 2 months behind on that payment too I just every time I think I'm going to be able to get out of this situation something happens and I just don't know what to do. I would really appreciate any suggestions or leads as to where I could get some kind of helping hand for any of those emergencies aforementioned. Thank you very much for your time and consideration.
Sincerely,
Corpus Christi, TX 78411
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Catch 22 - Need a ride in order to work to fix said car

Post by Admin »

Yes, that is a common dilemma. As people often need free or low cost rides when a car has trouble, or they lose their job. But there are options, and look here for a free ride. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/free_ride.html