Was placed in old hotel room so need a voucher for a new room

Find how to get help with rent
Troy Of
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Was placed in old hotel room so need a voucher for a new room

Post by Troy Of »

I need a first time only hotel voucher because the room I was renting had a bad sewer problem so I had to leave and I don't get paid until December 10. I just need a hotel or maybe a motel voucher until I get paid. Please if possible I have tried the Salvation army and they can't help me because I don't get SNAP.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Was placed in old hotel room so need a voucher for a new room

Post by Admin »

Well, there are many other places to try in Iowa as well for hotel room vouchers. But they may only last for a day or two, and are for a crisis. But if you are getting paid in the future, maybe you can take out a loan to pay for the hotel room until December 10. Try the Iowa homeless prevention and voucher programs, as there are multiple places to try.
Troy Of wrote:I need a first time only hotel voucher because the room I was renting had a bad sewer problem so I had to leave and I don't get paid until December 10. I just need a hotel or maybe a motel voucher until I get paid. Please if possible I have tried the Salvation army and they can't help me because I don't get SNAP.
Ridley101

Post by Ridley101 »

hello, I have a 3-year-old daughter and we are currently homeless with nowhere to go. we have been living in hotels and some night with friends but it’s not permanent. I have a job I start work at the goodwill store...I searched programs and agencies and churches that help fund hotel vouchers to needy families for a new room and I thought to just reach out and see if I can find any resources...if you can or if you know any other programs that can help us I would so greatly appreciate. I am trying my best to keep on pushing but I feel like a complete failure...and I don't want to fail I want to succeed in life for the sake of my kids.
Renee12

Post by Renee12 »

I am in Seffner Florida. Ever since being evicted in October 2020, I have been staying in hotels using government vouchers. Now that unemployment has been reduced to only 250 a week I am finding it almost impossible to pay my weekly hotel bill. This last week I am unable to even log into my unemployment account at all. I have been unable to get paid this week and I am to the limit on people I can borrow money from.
From what I understand you help people with vouchers that are in hotels and/or help people get stable housing. If you can wire back and tell me what I can do to get help. I have already applied to our Florida but I have yet to be approved. If you could please help me I'm trying not to be completely homeless altogether.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear you have been staying in hotel rooms since 2020. The pandemic sadly caused lots of struggles for many. But there may be options for you. Look into free hotel stays for the homeless.
Renee12 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:29 am I am in Seffner Florida. Ever since being evicted in October 2020, I have been staying in hotels using government vouchers. Now that unemployment has been reduced to only 250 a week I am finding it almost impossible to pay my weekly hotel bill. This last week I am unable to even log into my unemployment account at all. I have been unable to get paid this week and I am to the limit on people I can borrow money from.
From what I understand you help people with vouchers that are in hotels and/or help people get stable housing. If you can wire back and tell me what I can do to get help. I have already applied to our Florida but I have yet to be approved. If you could please help me I'm trying not to be completely homeless altogether.
Rested

Post by Rested »

I’m sending this email for my family member who is currently living in hotel space with her children and she needs a new voucher.
The Salvation Army has been contacted by leaving voicemail on the “need financial assistance” option which tells you to call a different number that sends you back to the same voicemail. Two(2) voicemails to be exact was left. Still no return call. According to your automated system, once the list fills up for the week the person/family in need will need to reach out the following week (Monday) at 08:30am. The money to get her out of the old hotel to and that would be for a new voucher that was set aside for security deposit for rental for housing has been depleted in hotel stay. So now it’s next to impossible to save money for security deposit for housing. I’ve been searching through your website and it states you can assist in helping. If the Salvation Army can’t assist please point in the right direction of who can assist.