Scheduled electricity turn off

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
David145
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Scheduled electricity turn off

Post by David145 »

I am trying to find some emergency electricity bill assistance for my sister-in-law and her 4 year old grandson. She receives disability and has legal custody of the child. She recently separated from her husband and cannot work. Her electricity is scheduled to be turned off TODAY. Tracy has several major medical problems one of which is a blood disorder that is causing her to lose her extremities if she gets cold. She has already lost 2 fingers. It's 30° right now. Can you help her PLEASE? Or know of ANY organization that might can? Anxiously awaiting for response.
Nurtaslim

Re: Scheduled electricity turn off

Post by Nurtaslim »

My name is Barrett and I'm writing in regards to the financial assistance that I qualified for in 4-2020 but I never received as scheduled. I have exhausted my funds repairing my house after the freeze busted all my pipes twice. I paid $17, 859 to have everything torn away and updated walls, floors, sheetrock, amongst a bunch of other things. I also have pictures and receipts for the damages caused by the winter freeze as they called it. TXU gouged me for electricity and it is now scheduled to be turned off. I didn't have or use. I need assistance with my house please I have documentation for everything.
ATHENAFARIS

Post by ATHENAFARIS »

I am writing to you for some direction. I am trying to help my nephew. He is a grown man & far too proud to ask for assistance with his electricity bill, which is scheduled to be turned off. However, he is in his early 40’s & is an amputee. He would most likely qualify for disability but he will not apply because he has seen too many people take advantage of the system. He is currently unable to work & is in a horrendously deep depression. He is a sober addict but his current depression has left him in a position where his electricity is being cut off as of midnight today.
I am trying to get information so I can set him up on a prepaid plan as soon as I can, but I am recently widowed & disabled myself making my income quite limited. I just found out his refrigerator caught fire over a week ago & he has had only flour balls to eat since. I got some food to him tonight but he has no refrigerator.
I guess I am asking if you can help me get a refrigerator for him and maybe some utility assistance before his electricity is shut off. Or in the very least, someone to contact who can help. Anything you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If he is an amputee, then LIHEAP (or his state's equivalent) may help someone in their 40s pay their electricity bill. It is a federal government grant programs for utilities, with disabled getting priority. More on LIHEAP hardship grants for energy bills.
ATHENAFARIS wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:45 pm I am writing to you for some direction. I am trying to help my nephew. He is a grown man & far too proud to ask for assistance with his electricity bill, which is scheduled to be turned off. However, he is in his early 40’s & is an amputee.