hospital bill forback surgery

Help with paying medical bills
kalebsmummy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

hospital bill forback surgery

Post by kalebsmummy »

I am without any insurance ( i did have medicaid but it was dropped unexpectedly)and I need back surgery. Hospital says they won't do it unless I pay upfront for half. which will be in the thousands. medicaid isn't looking too promising. I need this surgery so I can get back to a normal life and be productive again without pain. Any suggestions on where to look for help?
Thanks
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: hospital bill forback surgery

Post by Admin »

While back surgery may be more involved, did you look into a community clinic in your area. Many offer free or low cost medical and health care. It is usually a sliding fee scale, so patients need to pay towards their bills only what they can afford. So if there income is zero, the patient gets free care. If income is low, they pay a small amount towards bills and surgeries. You will not need insurance either. Maybe look into the center in your area. More on community clinics, and select your state from the list.
kalebsmummy wrote:I am without any insurance ( i did have medicaid but it was dropped unexpectedly)and I need back surgery. Hospital says they won't do it unless I pay upfront for half. which will be in the thousands. medicaid isn't looking too promising. I need this surgery so I can get back to a normal life and be productive again without pain. Any suggestions on where to look for help?
Thanks
SandyAla

Post by SandyAla »

I am a single mother of 3 and taking care of my mother as well, who has a bad back. My landlord has decided to sell the home that I live in and wants me and my family to move. I have a part time job working only hours a week and the company I work for will not let me work any over time. So we are behind on our hospital bills. I live in Murray Kentucky and would like to stay here but would prefer the county Aria for the safety of my children. The rent for any apartment or home in town is from $500 or more and my checks won't cover half of that.
I would like to buy a home but don’t have credit and I have past hospital bills that I cant pay off. I have to move an want to stay in the aria for my job because of the distance. If any one could help me that would be great for me my kids and my mother.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Everything you are asking help for (credit repair, hospital bills, etc.) would be a perfect match for a credit counseling agency in Kentucky. There are several to try. As far as the rent, asking for $500 is not a ton of money or is not unreasonable, so hopefully a credit counselor will have advice for you. Read more.
SandyAla wrote:I would like to buy a home but don’t have credit and I have past hospital bills that I cant pay off. I have to move an want to stay in the aria for my job because of the distance. If any one could help me that would be great for me my kids and my mother.
Rose_f

Post by Rose_f »

I have been in the hospital for about 5 days now... I had back surgery. Yesterday on 8/10.... My kids are in a motel along with my mother. We became homeless the day after I got admitted to the hospital.... I have no money to pay the motel for my kids and to tell you the truth I don't have anywhere to go with my kids after I get released from the hospital because I can’t even walk right now and am in debt from all the bills. Please contact me when you have a chance... Thanks you so much and God bless.
Jeff Brian

Re: hospital bill for back surgery

Post by Jeff Brian »

Hello,
My name is Victoria West. I am 27 years old. I live in Hull, Mass. 02045. I am reaching out for any recourses or assistance that can help me with my current situation. I have had a failed back surgery, leaving me with nerve damage along with chronic pain. I know owe hospital bills for the back surgery.
I also have epilepsy and am currently active where I go into states of unresponsive states and with breathing problems, all from the back surgery. I have many hospital bills due. These current problems have taken me out of work and to do most daily living needs. I have been going through my disability case for two years now and still have no financial way for necessities living needs.
Last year I had no shelter and applied with a raft to receive shelter. I have had the landlord bring me through one eviction process where I used the last of any Raft assistance I had to stay. I now have one month left and applied for Raft in January and February but got denied because it has yet to be a year since the last assistance.
I am now going to be 3 months due for rent as well as back surgery bill payments. I am afraid I will have to leave here when the lease is up and have an eviction with the landlord due for the three months I can not afford. This is going to make finding any next shelter impossible while I still can’t get to work and my disability case is still being finalized. I am reaching out to see if there is any help that can help to try to not face eviction or pay the hospital for the back surgery. Even one month or any assistance at all would help me get through having to leave this current housing without eviction. Please let me know if anything is available for me. Thank you so much for your time.
Thank you again,
Victoria