Ex-offender leaving prison

State and local government assistance programs.
vickie jo
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Ex-offender leaving prison

Post by vickie jo »

My Fiance will be leaving VA State Prison within next 5 years. We plan on getting on our feet where we need minimal living and all the rest will be shared in missions/community work.
He asked me to get pamphlets and information available to help Offenders to re-enter society on a much faster and stable pace then living from paycheck to paycheck just to survive the streets.
I have been paying down my own credit lines before this last high interest push from government. Also, my FICO had reached a high so I could qualify for a home mortgage; however, once I paid off a loan, I received derogatory marks on my report because the company reported to bureaus that I was in default instead of paid in full. So, I had to start another credit recovery.
In this recovery as an ex-offender, I have found out my credit union car and credit car loans misappropriated any extra payments I stipulated clearly to go to Principle and they take the Interest payment out of the regular monthly payment. I need an advocate's help in correcting all this so my efforts will be of lead way on my balances and not caught in the cycle. This is what appears to have happened. I have been lied to and robbed beyond my control.
Please introduce me to the resources for ex-offender that could and would help me in getting the most positive results out of all my efforts in paying these bills. Will also ask for written, not digital material for the programs opened to inmates re-entering society with the desire to be a contributing productive citizen.
Your help is needed. Any you may give us will be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Ex-offender leaving prison

Post by Admin »

Leaving prison or jail can be hard. We do have financial assistance programs from the government and non-profits that can help ex-felons or offenders. Look here for them, at ex-offender assistance programs.