Struggling as I am a caregiver for Alzheimer patients

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Callie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Struggling as I am a caregiver for Alzheimer patients

Post by Callie »

I live in Garner NC.  
I was born and raised in Raleigh and grew up in a small church right outside of Garner.  I am writing to you in desperate need. I am a caregiver for an Alzheimer patient but I am facing a financial setback that will cost me my home and car if things don't turn around soon.
 I am in desperate need of financial assistance with care giving, health and other bills, and it is my understanding that your organization  is supportive of people in my situation.
  Currently I am the caregiver for my mom who has late stage Alzheimer’s, and my father who is 84 that has heart problems and depression.   My son who is 25 currently lives with me because of a bad motorcycle accident.  He is a non-custodial father of a Beautiful 2-year-old daughter.   It is imperative that I keep a roof over our head and food on the table as I am seeking employment and need to stay as healthy as possible to work and care for my elderly parents.
I worked hard to get where I am today.  I am a survivor of a marriage that end due to domestic violence.  Unfortunately, the trauma I endured left me with seizure disorder that has almost taken my life twice.  Health care is badly needed. It has taken me 11 years to regain my life at what I feel is now somewhat normal.  
 I am in the medical field but just recently lost my job and I am 10 days away from being evicted from my apartment and the money is not there for rent, utilities, car payment and car insurance.  To bring my rent current and not face eviction, I must pay $1700.00 by March 31st to Westchester Apartments in.  My car payment of $181.00 is due to State Employees Credit Union on March 25th along with my car insurance of $198.00 to Erie Insurance. I also own medications for my mom and her Alzheimer condition and also owe on medical bills as I seek health care. Any help would be appreciated more ran words could say.  A little is better than nothing.  
Please feel free to contact me at the number listed below or by email with any questions you may have.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Struggling as I am a caregiver for Alzheimer patients

Post by Admin »

One option may be free home care from PACE. It is for people over the age of 55, which seems you may qualify for. the formal name is Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly. Try it for assistance.
TimesofNY

Post by TimesofNY »

I take care of my dad that has Alzheimer's and we live off his retirement which isn’t much but I adopted my 13 year old granddaughter and this year has been hard. Well we recently learned that her 14 year old sister was given back to the state from her adopted parents. Being an Alzheimer's caregiver doe not pay much.
I have managed to get approved to have her for Christmas. Now what minute we have left after bills will be for me to drive to Austin and get her the take her back which leaves me with nothing and I’m not able to get either girl anything now. Both girls deserve a little Christmas and I can't afford it as a caregiver. Is there any possible way that I could get any type of assistance?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are caregiver programs as well as free health care. There are also now medications for Alzheimer's patients that may help you and your family too. We have a list of all these free resources on the website. And read more on getting healthcare for free.
Berman

Post by Berman »

Good afternoon. My name is Page. I am the caregiver of an elderly disabled lady named Cheryl who has Alzheimer. She has been having a very hard time paying her bills for the past several months. A neighbor of ours has been stealing money out of her purse on a regular basis. He is now incarcerated. Her water has been shut off for two weeks. I am unable to wash her linens, clothes, dishes ect. I bring her gallon jugs of water for my house so she can drink it. I've helped her with the bills in the past but I am struggling as well right so I am not able to do it. Please let us know if someone might be able to help her, someone with Alzheimers. Thank you for you time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Caregiver have it so tough, maybe even more so for people with Alzheimers. There is government assistance, breaks/respite care, help from Agency on Aging locations and other resources. Find government grants for caregivers.
Berman wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:34 am Good afternoon. My name is Page. I am the caregiver of an elderly disabled lady named Cheryl who has Alzheimer.