Single mom with disabled, sick child

Find how to get help with rent
D14
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Single mom with disabled, sick child

Post by D14 »

Hi, I'm a single mother of a disabled blind son. He has a rare disorder called septo optic dysplasia with optic nerve hypoplasia as well as pervasive development disorder nos. Due to his condition, it has limited my ability to hold down a job and we are struggling to make ends meet by living off his supplemental security income which is only $710 a month. I'm needing help paying our rent which is $380 without electricity and water. I've spent so much time trying find resources and have exhausted myself. As if today I've received an eviction notice and need assistance.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Single mom with disabled, sick child

Post by Admin »

We can save you time in looking for rent help for that eviction. We have information on housing and emergency programs for single moms. Also, if your son is blind, there are also many state disability resources available as well. But if your income is only $710 per month, you need to do something about that. That income is not enough to sustain the bills a single mohther will face over time. But find the rent programs here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... gle_m.html
Ashley45

Post by Ashley45 »

I am in need to help paying bills and rent. I need to pay off my debt and medical bills. Also being low-income disabled single mother I am prevented to obtaining a suitable income to meet all my family’s financial income. I need $500 - 1,000 a month to help pay me and my families bills as well as rent. I am living in Fresno, CA. You can email back. Thank you.
Kornheiser

Post by Kornheiser »

I've been homeless and stay here and there since a teen at my mom's.
I am a single mom and I also have a son with a disability. It is mom rare diseases porphyria. I have no ability of taken care of child. I don't know what's going on over at their house.
My son needs food, clothing etc...I am about to take her to court for unjustified tax forms to pay back child support. I've been in out of jail with motivation of going back to school ...my dreams are optimistic I tackle life day by day.
If you could assist, thank you. Please have a great day.
Betty

Post by Betty »

Hello,
I am a single, disabled mother with 2 children. I am in desperate need of housing/rental assistance in NJ.
I am looking for information on what is available to me, and how to apply for any grants or services that are available.
Babe
Site Admin

Post by Babe »

They have several programs offered in NJ for you to try. Find them here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tance.html

Betty wrote:Hello,
I am a single, disabled mother with 2 children. I am in desperate need of housing/rental assistance in NJ.
I am looking for information on what is available to me, and how to apply for any grants or services that are available.
JordyNelson

Post by JordyNelson »

Hello,
We are in need of food, car seats, diapers, wipes, and medical supply assistance as well as mobility solutions for our disabled, sick child. Please see her story and requests below.
We first learned that we were pregnant with our first child in the winter of 2019. Sadly, just two weeks before he was born in August of that year, the doctor discovered that hehad suffered two Grade 4 Strokes in utero. He survived delivery despite the odds predicted by professionals but was left with severe brain damage, Hydrocephalus, Cerebral Palsy, Hemiplegia, Estropia, and CVI. Unfortunately, she has had to undergo three brain surgeries to date as a result of the Hydrocephalus and complications brought on by her VP Shunt.
he faces daily obstacles involving her vision, walking, eating, bathing, dressing, transferring, toileting, and behavior. This all stems directly from the initial brain damage prior to birth. The cause of that damage is still unknown. We are told that these are life threatening degenerative issues that will never go away and last her entire lifetime. More recently, we have been struggling to get her brain pressure under control due to the enlargement of the right ventricle as a result of continued VP Shunt rejection and failure. We have been monitoring him around the clock for signs of lethargy and intense vomiting which are both indicators of complete shunt failure. We are so sad to see him struggle with all of these disability and sickness issues which greatly impact him and threaten his life daily.
As a direct result, my wife Crystal had to completely leave her job in January 2022 to be able to care for him each day, monitor his daily issues around being ill and disabled, and take her to the ever growing number of appointments that are required in order to meet her medical needs which are quickly reaching the 300 per year mark. Immediately we experienced a major loss of household income due to this which has placed us in a desperate situation financially and has put him into state of crisis which has begun to jeopardize and threaten her daily needs, access to appointments, and housing.
Then in November of 2022, he was hospitalized again as a result of developing Epilepsy. Ever since she has really went through some trauma. The medication her medical team placed her on led to the development of a bowel blockage which led to 2 more Medi-Vac rides and hospitalizations in March of 2023.
On the way home from the hospitalization just to add insult to injury our van broke down and left us stranded for a bit. Besides that we have really been struggling to get him in and out of the van due to her weighing a lot more now as she’s been growing. She cannot get in and out of the van, or even in and out of her car seat, due to the complications with cerebral palsy that she’s dealing with. I just underwent shoulder surgery myself a few weeks ago and I believe from lifting her in and out of the van resulted in the full tear that my surgeon found in my rotator cuff. A newer van with some adaptive features would really help us out and make things easier. Especially in light of all the appointments that he Hass to attend on a weekly basis. She is in appointments 4 to 5 days a week and a lot of those appointments are in Baltimore, which typically for us is about an hour to an hour and a half drive one way from our home. The issues with the van wouldn’t be so crucial for us if we didn’t have so many places to go and take him weekly. as a disabled, sick child.
We are very overwhelmed financially and barely have any time with our disabled kid. Are there any programs available that would drop off some food to us? We live right outside of Taneytown on the outskirts. We are a family of 4. Diapers, wipes, and Aquaphor ointment is needed as well due to her inconstinence diagnosis.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

With that list of resources, look at our financial assistance program page for information. We have many programs listed, including immediate ones, hardship grants and more. Get details here on financial help today, for a crisis. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tance.html
JordyNelson wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:33 am Hello,
We are in need of food, car seats, diapers, wipes, and medical supply assistance as well as mobility solutions for our disabled, sick child. Please see her story and requests below.