The home in the room I rent property tax foreclosure

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
Santelli
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

The home in the room I rent property tax foreclosure

Post by Santelli »

Hello
I am a man renting a room in a house with delinquent property taxes and the property is under property tax foreclosure and I hear that Indian River County only takes payments in full and doesn't take partial payments which makes it more difficult for me and now I am scared and I don't know what to do but ask you for a few things and the first is Is there any way I can get some funds quickly and easily to pay the late property taxes or can you please tell me some advice or what the best things I can do to solve this.
Also I have bad credit and no resources or anything of value, so it will be hard for me to rent another room.
And I must add that I feel if the house goes through with foreclosure that we will be evicted from the room I rent and therefore homeless and I would rather be diagnosed with stage 4 cancer than be homeless and so I will be waiting for your response and help as I will be checking my emails frequently and if you prefer to call me my name is David and I really appreciate your time and help and God bless you.
Thank you very much,
David
PS if you can't help me then maybe I need to buy a tent for the woods but as I only have 1 arm. It would be difficult to set up a homeless camp and not only am I worried but also very mad that the owner let the taxes go so bad but without him I am better off dead. I not only have no legal sense but also no common sense and all I am waiting for is this problem to be done as nobody would ever enjoy such stress and hopelessness.
DeeDee

Re: The home in the room I rent property tax foreclosure

Post by DeeDee »

Hello, my name is Virginia, I am 59 and I have MS and live in one room in a house. My landlord told me on the 1st that I have to move out because his daughter and grandson need to move in and he needs my room as the house is facing foreclosure.
I've been searching ads on Craigslist for a room I can afford with no luck, I qualify for low-income housing, disability housing and senior housing (55+), but I was evicted from an apartment I had in 2015 while I was in the hospital. I paid my rent every month with no problem, but they charged me for something after they evicted me and I have no idea why, I think it was to move all my possessions to the dumpster while I was in the hospital, I lost everything!!
So I can't rent an apartment due to this being on my credit report all these years, even though it was not my fault the house I rent a room going into a tax sale foreclosure. My sole income is my monthly SSI check, $841 a month, Which will be increasing Jan 2023. I have other bills to pay too, so I'm looking for a place for $500 - $550 a month. Where I'm at now I'm paying only $400 a month. A place with no stairs or an elevator would be best because with my MS
I have a hard times with stairs, and I also get vertigo and stairs are scary for me. I have about 3 weeks to move, but I have no money in the bank for a deposit or for the move itself. I REALLY need your help!! I'm at my wits end and to the edge of suicide. I'm going to lose my cat and end up homeless if I can't get help with a new room in a new home that is not going through a tax foreclosure property sale. I have nowhere to go and no family or friends to help me. PLEASE contact me and tell me you can help me!! I await hearing from you. TYSM Virginia.
esminka

Re: The home in the room I rent property tax foreclosure

Post by esminka »

My name is Bob and I lost my job as a restaurant manager in Colorado due to Covid. I moved to Florida with hopes of finding a job but have had little luck since arriving. I rented a room here in FL from a property owner now facing foreclosure. I've managed to keep up on most of my finances despite no income other than unemployment. Since the end of July, things have gotten worse. Not only is the virus getting worse but I have been able to pay my rent since August. Fortunately I rent a room and the landlord is allowing me to continue to stay while the house goes through tax foreclosure. But now I'm 6 months behind. I can't catch up! I live in Flagler County in Florida. Do you know how I can get help getting caught up. I thought there were funds available due to the most recent stimulus package. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Stay safe.