Unemployed for a month

State and local government assistance programs.
Hotmom
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Unemployed for a month

Post by Hotmom »

Hello,
My name is Faith. I am in desperate need of temporary assistance to get my feet back on the ground as I have no been unemployed for one month.
I have been struggling for over a year to maintain/keep up with life, but my mental health and lack of a support system have been a hinderance.
In 2020, i had been working in a very toxic environment where in my year and a half working there, I had already seen 3 supervisors come and go...
With desire and belief that I could help create a better working environment, I technically left my union job UAW for FCA LLC to accept a position as a salaried warehouse supervisor working for FCA LLC/Stellantis making an $73k plus my yearly bonus. My work load was immense and expectations high and my drive to succeed was astounding - until the job had consumed every relaxed minute of my free time and everything that made me me. I expressed my mental health slipping and that I needed to put my mental health as a priority, but nothing changed and I felt I didn't have the time to get mental health help. During 2022, in January I broke up with my ex, and he convinced me to stay until I could have the money to move out and be ok.
Home life became unpredictable and very toxic, so in March, I jumped on the first apartment I got a call back from and moved into my first apartment to myself on April 20th, using every dollar I had to cover moving cost. Over the next 2 months, my mental health hit a rapid decline and I started to disassociate from responsibilities, having no friends and living alone and losing touch with my family from working so much, I had no support system i began spiraling into a mental shut down, and then after a specific incident involving harassment from my direct supervisor I had quit my job on the spot and then I continued to spiral in self isolation. Emotionally vacant and disassociation lasted for 3.5-4 months, during this time I had all my debts starting to get sent to collections, an eviction notice I had to go to court for and a notice of repossession put out on my car - which my car was necessary as I had been utilizing it to instacart to buy the bare essentials like cat food and household items.
I got a job during the 3rd month after I'd quit my last job, but without having reached out for any assistance, the job I found wasn't enough to financially sustain anything and I couldn't make any of my minimum payments or pay my bills with it. I was unemployed for 1 - 2 months then.
During my court date for the eviction, I opted into moving out instead of being evicted because I knew my ex was getting evicted from the place I had lived with him and I had found a roommate and spoken to the landlords - they were allowing me to move back in, as they said 'well, since when you lived there the rent was getting paid on time, we dont see a problem letting you move back in.'
My roommate and I, both trying to get back on our feet, struggled to pay our moving fees and first months rent on time - we paid that late. We set up a payment agreement for the deposit, so our usual $750/each had become $1.000/each for the first 3 months. I had struggled the first month and was $250 short, so the landlords allowed me to pay what I could and tack $250 onto a later month to help. We were barely scraping by for the first 3-4 months, but somehow we made it work. Back in November, a few days after thanksgiving, my car had gotten towed for repossession in the middle of the night while we were all asleep. Without my car, I could no longer instacart or run deliveries or pick up free things to flip and sell for profit as a side hustle on top of my actual job to sustain... and at the pay I was making at that job, I couldn't even really afford my bills, so I really couldn't afford the $25-45 it cost just to get to work/home from work. And the length of time a bus route took was impractical, the GM had started picking me up/dropping me off every day, even his days off - and after he quit I really couldn't afford the commute, so when I noticed my pay was incorrect and the owner did not properly fix it on the following paycheck, I had to quit that job too.
I'm now coming up on a month of being unemployment, during this time my roommate has had a severe decrease in her work hours due to business demand, and we have been unable to pay February rent in full, and are unable to pay March rent at all. We received a 10 day notice to pay, that if left unpaid results in our eviction. Today is day 10 for us. We also have received shut off notices for our PGE service, and our gas service with NW Natural due to our inability to pay those bills in full too.
My roommate has already started looking for a 3rd job (she already works at two different establishments) to help pay the bills during my one month of being unemployed . I have began working with DHS employment people that are providing me with assistance and resources and helping me along the way - and I have an upcoming meeting with the worksource people and have spoken to unemployment. There is now an investigation open against my previous employer, and my unemployment case is pending until resolved. I have been building my resume, and looking for work and submitting applications looking for work, however no luck yet.
My anxiety is growing as I can not lose another place I've called home so soon, when I'm still trying to pick myself back up and get my feet steady once more - and I do not want my roommate to lose her home or our pets to become homeless with us. Neither of us have a place to go if we lose this one.
Please, if there is any way we could get assistance ASAP to save our home and help us get our feet back on the ground and steady, we really would appreciate any help/assistance we can get. This is our livelihood, a safe place we have been working together to make a home...
Our electricity and gas were both scheduled to get shut off in the middle of last week.
Our notice for eviction will be getting served today, as we do not have our February rent payment in hand at this time and will in turn be late with our March payment - which the landlords were not ok with.
I've spent the past day and a half making callers requesting assistance, but have had no luck yet. I've been getting a lot of voicemails or people that say that aren't the ones that can help me.
I'm so anxious, worried and stressed, I feel sick to my stomach.
Please, we need assistance ASAP. during the unemployment period now exceeding one month.
Thank you for taking time out of your day to hear my plea for help.
I'm hoping to hear something back, hopefully soon..
Falynn Guobadia
anti spam: Blue

Re: Unemployed for a month

Post by Falynn Guobadia »

Good afternoon,
My name is Justine, I am a single mother of three-year-old twins that both have ADHD is well as other medical and developmental disabilities. I am currently unemployed this last month due to relocation, and the fact I have no vehicle or childcare. I am in the process of finding a new job, but I am facing infection and being harassed and threatened by my landlord as he wants to sell the house. I am living in because I have not been able to pay rent the last two months due to the recent one month of being unemployed. I was talking to a friend of mine and she told me to contact you asap as you may be able to help.
I appreciate any assistance or guidance you have.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Unemployed for a month and what to do?

Post by Admin »

If only unemployed for a month, and you have decent job prospects, that will improve your chances to get help near you. Financial assistance, food, guidance from a job center and more. Look here for help near you in your community.