Three bedroom needed

Find how to get help with rent
Steelers
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Three bedroom needed

Post by Steelers »

HELLO, I AM TRYING TO LOOK FOR A THREE BEDROOM HOUSE FOR MYSELF, MY TWO CHILDREN AND MY MOTHER. ME AND MY MOTHER BOTH HAVE NEW JOBS AND BEEN TURNED DOWN FROM FOUR HOUSES TO RENT BASED OFF ARE JOBS CAUSE WE ARE NOW LIVING WITH FAMILY MEMBERS BUT THEY ABOUT TO MOVE SOON SO WE HAVE NO OTHER OPINION TO HELP US GET A HOME.
Bellini
anti spam: Blue

Re: Three bedroom needed

Post by Bellini »

I am a handicapped senior citizen with serious medical conditions who needs to move - ideally to a threes bedroom home. I am homebound, wheelchair bound, widowed and alone. I live in Chesapeake, Virginia.
Presently I have an outstanding Virginia Natural Gas bill of $264.95 that continues to accumulate. I cannot afford to pay that bill.
My situation:
My GROSS monthly SS Benefit Amount is $1,704.10. From that, 10 percent of my income is deducted for Part B Medicare Monthly Premium: $170.10. Hence, Net Gross income: $1534. This is why I need a 3 bedroom - 2 other people to split these bills with.
Mine is an all too familiar story. I have no assets or retirement savings. My wife died of bone cancer. She was in Medicare subsidized convalescent care for two years. I was required to dissolve my IRA retirement funds and assets as my contribution to the medical bills. It wiped me out.
My basic Rent is about $1420 with fees, below average for the area and most of suburban Virginia. My rent recently increased and is now 90 percent of my entire income. I am barely hanging on.
Senior disabled Senior Citizen Americans without resources like myself are facing eviction from studio up to 3 bedrooms.
Nor I cannot afford the copays and deductibles for medical or dental visits or for necessary Durable Medical Equipment (DME) for a CPAP machine and supplies to treat my sleep apnea. Ironically I am forced to pay for insurance premiums for the benefit of Medicare Part B with its copays and 20% deductibles which I cannot reasonably afford. I do not qualify for Medicaid QMB status because the income cap on that is about $7k per year Gross income. I am automatically ineligible because I make too much money? REALLY???
I do receive SNAP and Energy Assistance. I am also getting help from Meals on Wheels. GOD bless them.
Energy Assistance will cover either Gas or Electricity, but not both. I am forced to give up having hot water and the apartment's electrical/gas hybrid heating, forcing me to rely on a fan heater as my sole heat source confined to my bedroom.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Three bedroom needed

Post by Admin »

If you need a three bedroom apartment, and are "stuck" on that idea, of course your options for housing will be limited. Since you need a place to live, you need to be open minded. But there will be programs you can try, and look here for housing in your community.