Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Bird
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Fired, living alone, and behind on electric

Post by Bird »

Hi,
I am trying to find out how I can get help with my electric bill. I was fired from my job last December, no unemployment, no job, and do not get social security check until next month. Which will be only $830.00. I am 62 years old and live alone.
Any forms you could send me to fill out to get help would so much be appreciated.
Lumineers1

Re: Fired, living alone, and behind on electric

Post by Lumineers1 »

I'm William. I was fired, lost my job on October 17th because of something someone else did and I live along on behind on my electric bills and other stuff. I was making 27.10 an hour. I can't get that 1/3 of what I was making a week from unemployment. I talked to the unemployment office and they say I need to find out why and what I was fired for but the company that fired me won't answer me. Not that easy for 52 year old who lives alone to pick and choose his workplace. I can't pay these electric bills with unemployment. Is there anything you can do?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fired, living alone, and behind on electric

Post by Admin »

What we can do is refer you to an electric bill assistance program, both nationally and locally. As there are many. Maybe they can "hold you over" until you get another job. You can try for help with an utility or light bill from this list of resources of emergency electric bill help.