Find how to get help with rent
Josette Ciceron
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Veteran facing illegal eviction from landlord

Post by Josette Ciceron »

Good morning,

I'm in a situation with my landlord and I've been looking into resources to help me with an illegal eviction from the landlord. I have done nothing wrong yet she is trying to illegally evict me. I am a veteran and single mom of 4 kids. I have called legal aid of middle Tennessee and had to leave a voicemail, and a few other places but so far I am over income for the veterans organizations or it is not something they deal with. I can explain everything, provide pictures, you can come to my house to see for yourselves because I have nothing to hide. I am looking for places to live but i don't have the money with it being the middle of the month so I can't move right now. Please help me in any way you can and let me know if there's any other avenues I can take. Of note, I have only received a 3 day require to vacate letter but I expect she will be pursuing the eviction process which I think is illegal.
I have never missed rent nor behind on rent. If there's anyone that can get me money to put stuff in storage and pay first month's rent plus security deposit for a new place, I can pay whoever back the full amount in 4 payments.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Veteran facing illegal eviction from landlord

Post by Admin »

If you really think it is illegal, look into free legal aid. Most states provide free advice to low-income veterans, and they can help with evictions.
There are also VA benefits, government grants, programs such as SSVF or HUD VASH for veterans and others. Look here for resources and to get rental assistance.
Josette Ciceron wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:12 am Good morning,

I'm in a situation with my landlord and I've been looking into resources to help me with an illegal eviction from the landlord. I have done nothing wrong yet she is trying to illegally evict me. I am a veteran and single mom of 4 kids. I have called legal aid of middle Tennessee and had to leave a voicemail, and a few other places but so far I am over income for the veterans organizations or it is not something they deal with. I can explain everything, provide pictures, you can come to my house to see for yourselves because I have nothing to hide. I am looking for places to live but i don't have the money with it being the middle of the month so I can't move right now. Please help me in any way you can and let me know if there's any other avenues I can take. Of note, I have only received a 3 day require to vacate letter but I expect she will be pursuing the eviction process which I think is illegal.
I have never missed rent nor behind on rent. If there's anyone that can get me money to put stuff in storage and pay first month's rent plus security deposit for a new place, I can pay whoever back the full amount in 4 payments.
johnson

Post by johnson »

Hello, I'm a 64 year old veteran who has been illegally evicted from my apartment by my landlord, effective at 21:59 pm March 22 2023. As of this date I will be homeless, my only other option is a motel, but my financial situation is very fragile, I collect Social Security Retirement of $842 a
month and work part-time to make ends meet but could not longer afford my $900 a month rent on my studio apartment in Ogden Utah. I was applying for rental assistance and though it was approved, the owner of the property ordered the landlord to evict me because he did not want to wait for the assistance funds, and it was an illegal eviction. I am desperate. I have 3 cats that are my ESA animals due to PTSD. It will take me some time to save up enough money to get into a new place to live. HELP please!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Thank you of course for your service. There is a veteran housing program called SSVF, which offers financial help, grants, moving/relocation assistance and more. They also rehouse homeless veterans. It is offered in most communities, and learn bore on the SSVF veteran program.