New windows

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Jalen
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

New windows

Post by Jalen »

I'm a 61 year old disabled widow facing the problem of a new roof and drafty and broken windows. The windows I can live with, but the roof has leaked into one of the bedrooms and I don't know who to contact that is reliable and I can't afford to pay thousands of dollars. If you could please give me some information on who I could contact that would be reasonable and reliable I would really appreciate the help.
Thank you.
Crapening

Re: New windows

Post by Crapening »

I got a 3 day notice eviction as I complained about the windows in the home, so I stopped paying. I owe 2666. My landlord willing to work with me. I have lived here 8 years and pay cheap rent. I will literally have to walk away with my autistic son. With nothing big jump reaching out. I can't pay my gas bill its 259. I believe we can't cook and we don't have heat and we live in an Old place so drafty Windows don't close. Any help at all would be great.
Perry

Post by Perry »

Hello,
I have been on your web site and found that you may be able to help get our windows and roof, either repaired or replaced.
Not looking for a hand out just a hand up. Our windows are the older slide up and down with wooden frames. A couple of the frames are completely deteriorated and we need new windows.
Have been told by 3 roofing companies that our roof needs to be replaced. Although I know nothing about roofs, I can see where there are some shingles that have popped up or are coming off.
We live in Iowa. We are both on disability and my brother is on dialysis.
If you could get back to me and let me know if you can help with new windows, that would be gratefully appreciated.
Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While no guarantees, maybe weathization can help with energy efficient windows. It is a possibility....ask them at a local community action agency. Learn more on windows from weatherization.

Perry wrote:Hello,
I have been on your web site and found that you may be able to help get our windows and roof, either repaired or replaced,
NINANORTH

Post by NINANORTH »

Hello,
I am a 59 year old woman living on SSDI.  I'm looking for a grant to help me replace the outdated Windows in my mobile home in Adams, Wisconsin.  My Windows are old, clouded and really hard for me to open and I need new windows. I'd sure appreciate your help in finding a grant to help me replace the windows.  Thank you!
Barbara
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Barbara,
There are window replacement programs, some grants and also of course programs like weatherization. Now we are not sure if they address mobile homes (all programs vary), but definitely apply. Look here for a a window replacement grant.
NINANORTH wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:30 am Hello,
I am a 59 year old woman living on SSDI.  I'm looking for a grant to help me replace the outdated Windows in my mobile home
Barbara
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

My name is Kelcey. I'm 33 years old with a 13 year old son, also, a 4 year old little boy and a 5 year daughter as well. My little brother, Zach lives with us also. We are living in the house that needs new windows. The house was left to us by our late grandmother/adopted mother who passed away in 2014, which is also our childhood home that she raised us in. The house is over 50 years old and has some minor cosmetic damage, including the need for windows, that just isn't in our budget to fix.
Unfortunately, there are multiple windows with holes in them that is allowing air to come through and resulting in the house not being able to heat properly, causing the central unit to run constantly around the clock which leads to our power bill to be outrageous even if we limit all the other power draining sources such as lights and appliances.
My brother Zach works full time and I'm also self employed, working as a private contracted Home Health aide full time and doing anything extra I can on the side for extra income but even with both our incomes, its not enough to keep the utilities caught up to date with all our other monthly expenses. Even with foodstamps, both our household income still falls below poverty level.
Our power bill, part of which is due to the need for new windows, stays behind and as of right now its unfortunately disconnected and we arent able to even stay at the house at all because of there being small children until we can find assistance paying the bill and having it reconnected. Im desperately looking for any organization or charity that can help us do that or even just help with the bill any so we can go back home and get back into our routine. I'm available to contact any time of the day but I'm best reachable at gmail.com. Once again, I'm seeking assistance for a late power bill, new windows and reconnection. We live in Gardendale, Al. Thank you and I hope to hear back soon!!