Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Pippa
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I have donated to Salvation Army all my life

Post by Pippa »

Hi,
I have been a consistent donor to the Salvation Army for over 25 years - most of my life.
I am now in a position where I am in need of help from the Salvation Army, and I'm trying to find some assistance.
Up until November 2021 worked full-time and human services for 35 years this includes working with disabled children, working as an advocate for battered women, serving in the public schools as a school counselor for eight years, serving as a substance abuse, counselor in private practice for eight years.
I became ill in November 2021, and had to apply for disability. I then had to wait six months for disability.
I just so happen to fall into a range where I do not qualify for food stamps because I am $20 over income. Because I do not qualify for food stamps I do not qualify for fuel assistance or any other assistance that so many others can benefit from.
I own my own home in Brattleboro Vermont. I have a huge mortgage, huge taxes and huge living expenses.
I just went through another traumatic experience with my home and have had to spend my money on things to keep my air clean due to horrible insulation mistakes that were made that I cannot find any help with. Also, because of the length of time it took this program to do the installation my utility bills increased radically.
I currently owe my electric company $227.81 and I owe my propane company $248.45 I owe the man that plows and sand my driveway $225.
I have a septic bill for repairs. I am using my funds to keep up on my taxes and my mortgage, food and living expenses.
In the community where I live, there are very limited resources, and I've already utilized when I was allowed as an exception.
I called Greenfield because they're 20 minutes from Brattleboro Vermont, as I used to donate to that Salvation Army center. When I called that number it just rang and rang and then disconnected.
I am about to get a disconnect from my electric company. I know I have the ability to get a note from my doctor saying I have to have electric so that I can keep my air purifiers running so that I can breathe.
I'm probably saying too much in this email as a lifetime Salvation Army donor. I am just at a point where I am desperate for help and this is just a small portion of what's happening in my life as I'm continuing to try to find a way to get my home remediated and cleaned from fiberglass and mouse poop and bio-hazards falling from my ceiling from the horrible insulation experience.
I have a doctors note stating that I need to have my house cleaned professionally and in need of an air scrubber to really clear the air. But I still have no idea how to get all the fiberglass and mouse, poop and debris out of all of the cracks of my ship-lap ceiling.
I have become very ill from this experience because of the particles that I've been inhaling for the last three weeks I have called upon my state reps I have called upon the department of health I have called upon any agency I can think of, and I am not getting help. I called to 211 three times and sent them an email and never got a response.
I am sick. I am tired. I am in pain and I don't know where to turn.
If there's anything you can do to help me as a Salvation Army donor year in and year oiut, I would be most grateful.
This has been a difficult email to write. It is hard to ask for help especially when I've spent my life helping others.
Thank you for reading this in for any response you can offer me. I look forward to hearing from you and I hope I do and I hope this is the correct email.
Kindly,
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: I have donated to Salvation Army all my life

Post by Admin »

That is so great you have donated to the Georgia Salvation Army. But as you know, they have limited resources so financial help, free items from donations and other support is limited. Just like it is everywhere, not just in Georgia. However look here for the Salvation Army in GA near you.