Retired senior with social security retirement funds

State and local government assistance programs.
Kimmy Kimm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Retired senior with social security retirement funds

Post by Kimmy Kimm »

Hello Friend, 
I'm a retired widowed Senior Citizen living on Social Security Benefits in West Seneca, New York. On September 1, 2021 I suffered a rent increase. My rent, expensive medical and living expenses now exceed my monthly Social Security Benefits that puts me in a desperate situation where I'm not able to pay all of my bills and get through the month, God forbid any unforeseen occurrences. My retirement funds from the social security administration makes me lacking.
Since September I thankfully have had the financial support from my family, but that option is no longer available to me. I have no financial safety-net and so in hopes of reversing this serious situation. I'm appealing to your agency for assistance or viable options for a retired senior citizen with no pension income. I thank you in advance for your kind consideration and response. 
food

Re: Retired senior with social security retirement funds

Post by food »

To whom it may concern,
I would like some information on how I can get help paying bills. I just recently retired from my job and I only income I have is my disability check. I also get social security retirement funds.
It is going to be a couple of months before I will know how much my retirement check is going to be but i am sure it will not be enough to pay my bills. I am 63 years old and on disability. I do not have enough money to pay my rent this month and the utilities are behind and are going to be shut off in a few days. If you could give me information I would greatly appreciate it as I am very stressed about the situation. I have looked up resources that are available to me as a retired senior citizen and intend on calling these organizations tomorrow to see if they can help me. I have tried a couple of them in the past but had no luck as they say my disability and social security retirement funds from being retired should be enough. They told me there was no funding available for a senior who is retired. if you could guide me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. I am desperate and I believe if I don't have the rent on time my landlord will start eviction proceedings as I have been late twice with the rent in the past. Thank you for your Help and guidance.
Southwest1

Post by Southwest1 »

Good morning
Please help me seek rental assistance. I like to apply for it. I also have a dire need for a case manager to help me manage my social security retirement funds, as soon as possible. Please.
I’m 65, a senior citizen. Born and raised in America. Amen. I must pay my rent on the 1st of every month. Today, being the 3rd. My last day to pay rent. Sincerely anxious…I do not want to wait until I get a notice for someone to help me. It will make it so much harder on me.
My rent is 650. I receive SS retirement for 645 dollars. SS gives me an extra 288 a month.
I do receive, thankfully, SNAP. I was receiving 35 dollars a month for food because of the 288 in receive from SS.
Just now, this May SNAP increased to 150 plus dollars a month. I am now a MEDICARE AND MEDICAID recipient. With so much benefits I’m eligible for. I get overwhelmed quick and anxious to want to understand what I must do. This is where I’m stuck.
I need help with housing applications…I have missing out for way too.
Today.. I searching navigating my way to get Rental assistance for retirees ..to catch up.
Please, call or respond…today??
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While many seniors (most?) have a limited, fixed income, there are resources out there. They can help people with their retirement funds to budget them, offer representative payee services, some part time jobs and more. Look here for tip for living on an income in retirement.