Overdue utilities in San Diego causing me to move

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Signsealed
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Overdue utilities in San Diego causing me to move

Post by Signsealed »

I am a single mom and I need assistance with paying my electric bill with SDGE. I have already received a red disconnection letter. I am also in need of help finding housing. I was recently informed that I have to move out due to owner selling and me being behind on utilities.
I can not pay for electric, rent, deposit in San Deigo, application fees (which is $25-$30 each rental application I submit) and moving costs (gas, either a moving truck or moving company). I was not planning on moving and because of spending my savings on Christmas for my daughter, I have nothing saved up. Please, I need assistance/advice! Thank you.
Old 12 A

Re: Overdue utilities in San Diego causing me to move

Post by Old 12 A »

Hello, my name is Carlie. I am homeless in El Cajon, San Diego, CA due to unpaid utilities.
I have a job through a temp agency working anywhere from 2 days a week up to 4 days a week. And though it has been a big step in the right direction, it hasn't been enough to cover basic needs like housing or shelter or utilities, so I need to move. I am also paid daily, which makes it hard to save as taxes are withheld as well as a garnishment to pay child support, taking nearly $38 dollars from my pay every day I work. Also the usual expenses it takes to get through each night I'm on the street, leaves me with very little.
That is what I try to save to pay my bills, my monthly phone bill of about $50 and my storage rent of $150 a month (they raised the cost twice in the past year causing me to move in San Diego). With inflation and rising costs of all things I have fallen behind on paying the storage rent bill. I'm interested and hoping with all I've got to find some help in assisting me in becoming current and up-to-date with paying the late fees of $425 to keep my unit with all I own from going to auction, and so I can gain access to my unit to at least pull out some important things I need and some sentimental items too, so if I do lose it due to non payment in the future I won't stress out like this.
This can't be good for my health!!! If you are unable to help me with this utility issue or moving, please do give any info or outside resources I can reach out to. Please, I have no one, I'm a 43 year old female really struggling to do better in life. I don't have a vehicle or protection out here and without access to my storage I can't efficiently contribute to bettering my way of life or just surviving from day to day!! Thank you, happy holidays.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Overdue utilities in San Diego causing me to move

Post by Admin »

There are programs to help people move, pay utilities, and offer financial help in San Diego. Since it is a big area, there are programs out there. So maybe they can help you. Look here for utility assistance in San Diego.