Hospital bill for immigrants

Help with paying medical bills
Chesney1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Hospital bill for immigrants

Post by Chesney1 »

My husband was admitted to Broward health Medical Center for an emergency surgery while planning for a visit to the states. She had 5 months and, after the surgery, the baby passed away. With 8 days of hospitalization, the bill is $7000 us and we are unable to pay it. We are trying to find organization for help. By browsing, we found the needheppaying bills.com. We are Haitians citizens, so immigrants, and cannot afford the bills. Could you please help us?
March

Re: Hospital bill for immigrants

Post by March »

Hello, recently my family and I found out that my sister passed away in the streets in Centro of Tijuana as an immigrant, and she had many hospital bills. She was found on the street and had lost a lot of blood after being in a hit and run, and was taken to the hospital, thanks to social media whom informed me that I should go to the (Morgue). Her immigrant dad was informed and was able to identify her through pictures, and tattoos at the semefo, from the list of unidentified and unclaimed body's.
My sister was a 28-year-old born US citizen from San Diego California whom on August 17, arrived at the Tijuana semefo (morgue), and in September was taken to cemetery #13, to a common grave for the unclaimed and unidentified, human remains are buried stacked up on each other. I went to the cemetery and was told she is under 7 other corpses of other immigrants who were removed from the hospital. And they charge 80 dollars for each body that needs to be removed to get to my sisters.
They are charging me almost 2 thousand dollars for her exhumation and cremation services.. We were never informed of her passing by any law enforcement. The only direct family she has is me and her dad,
I'm only 18 years old and in college through a scholarship I studied hard for, and her dad lives on what he makes for the day, i am the youngest of 5 siblings who are also immigrants, and the hope of this family since my other siblings have not made good decisions throughout their life, my siblings have struggled when they were young. They have lived in foster homes and away from family when they were young, we have always been a low-income family with bills due, not the hospital bill is too much. We lived in domestic violence housing programs when I was young with our mom.
I need help to recover her remains and the hospital bill so she can be exhumated then can be cremated, and be beside our mother whom we lost 5 years ago. I'm searching for any kind of help to find out what happened and to recover her remains so we can cremate her. I don't have the money. 'Any kind of help would be appreciated. I am at this moment staying in Tijuana. If you have any questions, you can contact me. My name is Esmeralda . Thank you in advance
Her dad just looked through pictures at the semefo, no other process has been done. Nothing at all …iIwas able to get, through donations some money but we used it to do her a the church but no one attended.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Hospital bill for immigrants

Post by Admin »

While not sure what options you may have, there are some out there. Look into the programs, including for medical, employment and more. But the assistance is generally for people with a green card. There is also Medicaid for some immigrants and other medical help. Look here for immigrant programs. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... grams.html