Resources to get rid of loans for mental illness

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Benjamin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Resources to get rid of loans for mental illness

Post by Benjamin »

I am on disability for mental illness. I am going through bankruptcy. First I am upset that the not even mental health could help me manage my finances to prevent the debt. A counselor was willing to call creditors after I got into debt. I was told by lawyer that a bankruptcy form would not be valid if I was manic. But then suddenly it was valid when I got a huge loan, been in hospital a lot, sheriff department came to house a lot and been so unstable. So why can not the loan be forgiven due to mania?
sasolis

Re: Resources to get rid of loans for mental illness

Post by sasolis »

I don't think loan companies check to see if you are capable of getting the loan because of mental illness, your credit report should have shown you were credit worthy, they don't pull a background check on you to loan you money. Bankruptcy should take care of it right? If you need help paying bills and being accountable why not call your local DFACS office and see if they will help you manage your money.
Master12

Post by Master12 »

Hi,
I'm in El Reno, OK. My immediate need is getting help to pay off a previous debt on medical stay for mental illness. My health declined during the lease and consequently, I couldn't keep up my rent or the mental health treatment bills, so I had to move out and take a payment plan.
I've found a senior apartment complex here in El Reno, which will give me an apartment rent free for two years because of my homelessness. The debt must be cleared before I can move into the apartment. I'm living on my social security income, which is below the poverty line. I need to find help getting this debt paid off.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

To get rid of debt, whether have a disability or not, there are many programs out there, ranging from credit counseling to SSI benefits, counselors and more. Find details here on disability benefit programs.