Filed chapter 13 bankruptcy, now need mortgage help

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
Yankee_fan
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Filed chapter 13 bankruptcy, now need mortgage help

Post by Yankee_fan »

Am currently in Chapter 13 bankruptcy. For a period, I was unemployed and got behind on my mortgage payments. The bankruptcy has held off the mortgage company from doing any-thing until now they are filing to deal with my mortgage debt outside the bankruptcy. I have been steadily employed for 15 months now and can make both the mortgage and bankruptcy payments but cannot catch up on the mortgage payments. I have until July to make up payments, plus interest. What can I do?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Filed chapter 13 bankruptcy, now need mortgage help

Post by Admin »

Was the mortgage restructured during your bankruptcy, or the back payments. Why weren't they. We need more information in order to provide an effective answer, such as lender, state, etc. Try looking into state mortgage assistance programs, as most every single state offers some type of free advice, HUD counseling, or advice for low income and people behind on payments.
Yankee_fan wrote:Am currently in Chapter 13 bankruptcy. For a period, I was unemployed and got behind on my mortgage payments. The bankruptcy has held off the mortgage company from doing any-thing until now they are filing to deal with my mortgage debt outside the bankruptcy. I have been steadily employed for 15 months now and can make both the mortgage and bankruptcy payments but cannot catch up on the mortgage payments. I have until July to make up payments, plus interest. What can I do?
Freese1

Post by Freese1 »

We need help fighting out foreclosure. Long story short, we had a lawyer until December 2011 when he dropped us because we couldn't pay for next stage in case. We are barely paying bills now, because hubby is only one working and hrs on low. Please email any info or a lawyer that would help us for free or very low cost.
Bravado

Post by Bravado »

I AM A SINGLE FATHER OF THREE CHILDREN AND I DO WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT. I AM SO FAR BEHIND ON MY MORTGAGE AND I FILED BANKRUPTCY AND I COULD NOT KEEP MY PAYMENTS WITH MY LAWYER. SO NOW MY BANKRUPTCY WAS DISMISSED DUE TO ME NOT BEING ABLE TO MAKE MY PAYMENTS TO MY LAWYER. I FILED A CHAPTER 7. I KNOW THE BANK IS GOING TO FORECLOSE ON THE HOUSE SOON. I AM IN A SERIOUS SITUATION AT MY JOB WITH MY SECURITY BACKGROUND CHECK AND I AM IN JEOPARDY OF LOSING MY JOB. BECAUSE I GOT DENIED MY SECURITY CLEARANCE. I JUST DON'T MAKE ENOUGH MONEY TO HANDLE ALL MY BILLS AND TAKE CARE OF MY CHILDREN. I NEED SOME ASSISTANCE TO FIND A PLACE FOR ME AND MY KIDS.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

When filing for bankruptcy, there are impacts to your mortgage, and more information is on the site. While we are not sure, the government may note this as well and that could impact your security clearance. But you should be much more aware of those implications than us as you work for them. Read any employment documents you have with them to better understand that. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... uptcy.html
Thomas1

Post by Thomas1 »

I AM PLEADING FOR SOME HELP FOR MY HUSBAND AND I. WE ARE BOTH IN OUR 70'S AND DUE TO SEVERAL UNFORTUNATE EVENTS IN THE PAST YEAR OR SO WE ARE NOW LOSING OUR HOME THAT WE SAVED FOR FOREVER. MY HUSBAND SUDDENLY BECAME A CANCER VICTIM AND ALTHOUGH WE WERE ON SOCIAL SECURITY WE BOTH WORKED. A STROKE FOLLOWED SURGERY.
WE WENT THROUGH SEVERAK AGENCIES TRYING TO REFINANCE AND WHILE DOING SO AND NOT ABLE TO SEND IN PAYMENTS WHILE EVERYTHING WAS GOING THROUGH A PROCESS. MEANWHILE THE MORGAGE WAS GETTING MORE AND MORE PAST DUE. I COULDNT WAIT NO LONGER SO WE FILED FOR CHAPTER 13.
WE WERE DOING OK BUT DUE TO UNFORTUNATE MEDICAL BILLS WE NOW HAVE TO HAVE 1500.00 SO THE 13 WILL NOT BE TERRMINATED. WE HAVE A FEW HUNDRED DOLLARS BUT NOT ENOUGH. I AM BEGGING FOR SOMEONE TO HELP US PLEASE. MY HUSBAND IS ON 24/7 OXYGEN AND I WOULDNT EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START. OUR SOCIAL SECURITY CHECKS TOGETHER ARE ONLY 1700.00 TOTAL FOR BOTH OF US AND ARE A FEW DOLLARS OVER THE LIMIT FOR ANY ASSISTANCE. THIS IS A 1 TIME REQUEST THAT WOULD JUST TURN OUR LIFE AROUND. WE ARE WILLING TO PAY BACK A FEW DOLLARS A MONTH. THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE. WE LIVE IN HENDERSON NC 37537.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, you have certain rights when filing chapter 13. We would actually recommend talking to a free lawyer consultation, as there are tons of legal issue with bankruptcy. Then if and when need they may bring in a credit counselor for advice on the mortgage. So you have a different couple options as well as approaches here to get help.
Thomas1 wrote: MEANWHILE THE MORTGAGE WAS GETTING MORE AND MORE PAST DUE. I COULDN'T WAIT NO LONGER SO WE FILED FOR CHAPTER 13.
Michelson

Post by Michelson »

I live in Pasco county Florida. I lost my husband in 2006 and became too I'll to work. In 2009 house went into foreclosure and Chase had me fill out tons of packets but I almost lost my home of 21 years. A neighbor gave me a number for hard lender that tripled my payment.
I should have done a chapter 13 but was so I'll and medicated I got into a position with hard lender. I am unable to keep up with so now was told to file chapter 13. I only owed 15000 To chase now I'm up to 43000. Now I don't see how that is possible but I am. Now payment is going to be 957.00 per month.
I don't qualifies for food-stamps and couldn't pay car insurance so now I can't even drive. I need help.
My really bad my air conditioning system air handler went. I have no money or the credit to get fixed. My neighbor gave me room air conditioner to get thru summer but I have COPD now they tell me I'll need add system ultraviolet because of mold. I don't have the money to do this any help or resources. Any way to help me would be appreciated.
Joann

Post by Joann »

I was recommended by a chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyer to hopefully assist me with financial help. I live in New Jersey.
I have been turned down 2x for loan modification and am facing foreclosure!
Please help me, I can’t lose my house!
SamHouston

Post by SamHouston »

Hi, I was needed help on who to contact on getting help with paying my mortgage. I live in Pikeville KY. I have a mortgage with 21st Mortgage. I’m in the process in filing chapter 13 bankruptcy due to loss of my job and income going down, since filing bankruptcy 21st mortgage had declined payments from me. Now that I’m at the end of the bankruptcy before they will agree to the terms they are wanting over 7,000 dollars in past due, and I’m just not able to pay it. If there is any help out there please let me know.