Car was impounded

State and local government assistance programs.
Savage
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Car was impounded

Post by Savage »

I was laid off my job and recently (May 2012) had my unemployment benefits discontinued by the Obama Administration. I am on public assistance now and my car was booted and towed because I can’t pay my parking tickets. I do have an on call job but it is in another county, Napa, CA and I need to have my car to get there. I am contacting as many agencies that I can requesting emergency financial help or legal intervention to get my car out of tow. Thank you for listening.
Star Violet

Re: Car was impounded

Post by Star Violet »

I just recently got married. I'm 25 years old and have no kids. We are from southern Texas and will be relocating to Austin, Texas while my husband attends school. This will be our first time renting a place together. I am working part time right now, and not too sure what hours I'll be working in Austin.

I will be the only one working because my husband will be in school full time. As of now, I’m barely living pay check to pay check. I have car payments even though it was impounded. We owe on credit card payments, and 2 school loans that I am currently paying on. It's been really difficult for me to save first month's rent and security deposit for this move.

My husband is currently not working because he's been attending summer classes that he's had to pay for out of pocket. He doesn't qualify for financial aid because apparently I make too much money. He just got approved for school loans. So it's all up to me to come up with this money that I just don't have. We're making this move to better our lives, but it's been very stressful. I heard that there were grants or help that I could apply for to help out a little.

Can you please help me find what I can apply for just to help us with this initial moving expense as well as to get our car out of the impound. At least for a security deposit, or something. I really need assistance just for this one time so I can focus on finding a job at the new location and not have to worry about whether or not we'll be able to pay bills for the month because all our money went to rent and security deposit. If you can help guide us to any assistance, I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time and help in advance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is a tough one. It is your fault for not paying the parking tickets....and parking illegally. 100% your fault, so do not try to blame it on the government or Obama. As far as aid, try this for car impound assistance. Though the ability to get money is very limited as you were careless.
Savage wrote:I was laid off my job and recently (May 2012) had my unemployment benefits discontinued by the Obama Administration. I am on public assistance now and my car was booted and towed because I can’t pay my parking tickets. I do have an on call job but it is in another county, Napa, CA and I need to have my car to get there. I am contacting as many agencies that I can requesting emergency financial help or legal intervention to get my car out of tow. Thank you for listening.
Eckhard

Post by Eckhard »

I have a car payment of $264.31 and my checks have been short this month and I've paid my other bills, and I will lose my car to an impound if I can't pay the bill in full. I have $130.31 to my name so I'm missing $134.00. I don't know how this works and I hate resorting to this, but I don't have a lot of help from my family. I'm just desperate because I need my car as a means to get to my job. So I just need some help before it is impounded, and not sure what to do.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Car payment help is rare. But some lenders offer options. As an example, find assistance for car payments, including refinancing, abatement, lender agreements, and so much more. But the aid is generally one time only.
Eckhard wrote:I have a car payment of $264.31 and my checks have been short this month and I've paid my other bills, and I will lose my car to an impound if I can't pay the bill in full.
Tyler Hanson

Post by Tyler Hanson »

Good morning,
I am writing to you as a last resort. I live in Post Falls Idaho, but work in Spokane, Washington. My car was impounded and I need help getting it. After work on Friday, I stopped at a gas station off of Broadway to get gas and a couple snacks. I wasn't thinking when I grabbed my wallet and tossed my key into my purse on the passenger seat of my car. After pumping my gas, I realized I couldn't find my purse. I then came to the realization that my purse had been stolen out of my car.
I was able to contact a friend with a truck to attempt to tow my car home. Unfortunately, the car couldn't be towed very far and I was forced to leave it in a parking lot off of the Argonne exit . The next evening, when I went back with a car hauling trailer, I was informed that the car had been towed and impounded by Fisher's Towing. At this time, the cost to retrieve my car is $400. Each day a $55 fee is added to the balance. I can't seem to come up with the full amount. I haven't been able to work for the past 3 days and I don't get paid again until the 1st. By the time I get paid again, my check still won't be enough to cover the tow amount and my bills. I have posted a few personal items online for sale to try to make some money for the impounded fees, but I don't own hardly anything of value.
I am desperately seeking help. If you are unable to assist me, I understand. If you can provide me with any resource/agency contact that would be able to help me with my car, I would be so grateful.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you work in Spokane, and need to get to the job there, maybe look into an assistance program for that county/city. As there may be funds for the impound or maybe a bus ticket for a few days so you can get to work. Look here for Emergency assistance in Spokane.
Tyler Hanson wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:40 am Good morning,
I am writing to you as a last resort. I live in Post Falls Idaho, but work in Spokane, Washington.