Electic diconnected, daughter pregnant w/ TWINS please help

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
JulieL
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Electic diconnected, daughter pregnant w/ TWINS please help

Post by JulieL »

Anyone reading this please help! My daughter (19) is pregnant with twins and our electricity has been disconnected. The electric company is unwilling to help us, I've called every agency in our area and no one has funding to help, they all want to help but no money to do so. We are good people who have run into some bad times. I lost my job in early June and still haven't received my unemployment since the company I worked for has been fighting having to pay it. We are having a hard time just getting our needed medications included my daughters prenatal vitamins. We are by ourselves and have no one that can help. We are desperate, ANYONE ANYONE PLEASE!

The power has been off now for two months and we are scared of what is going to happen when the babies come. I'm looking for work but haven't found anything yet and honestly I have a medical issue that is going to make it even more difficult to work even if I do find something.

We have applied for welfare and my daughter will recieve $70 a month, I get no cash assistance and we are only eligible for $16.00 a month in food stamps because I will eventually get my unemployment. But even when I get my unemployment I don't know how I am going to save enough money to get the power back on. I'm trying to sell my house but in this market haven't even had one person seriously interested in buying it and I am sure with no power it isn't making it easier to sell it. Once I sell it we need to move to a smaller more affordable home, again not sure how I am going to swing it but we will.

I'm not used to asking for help, I've always worked and been able to pay my bills, the last year has been the most difficult for us.

We live in Southern New Jersey.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Electic diconnected, daughter pregnant w/ TWINS please help

Post by Admin »

What city or county in southern New Jersey.
In the meantime, try the Lifeline Assistance Program, which is for energy bills and it is funded from the New Jersey general fund. Dial 1-800-792-9745 to learn more or apply.

Also try the New Jersey Universal Service Fund, which is the utility low-income energy assistance program, and this phone number is 1-866-240-1347
This program basically says that program participants will be required to pay no more than six percent of their total annual household income toward electric and gas bills

JulieL wrote:Anyone reading this please help! My daughter (19) is pregnant with twins and our electricity has been disconnected. The electric company is unwilling to help us, I've called every agency in our area and no one has funding to help, they all want to help but no money to do so. We are good people who have run into some bad times. I lost my job in early June and still haven't received my unemployment since the company I worked for has been fighting having to pay it. We are having a hard time just getting our needed medications included my daughters prenatal vitamins. We are by ourselves and have no one that can help. We are desperate, ANYONE ANYONE PLEASE!

The power has been off now for two months and we are scared of what is going to happen when the babies come. I'm looking for work but haven't found anything yet and honestly I have a medical issue that is going to make it even more difficult to work even if I do find something.

We have applied for welfare and my daughter will recieve $70 a month, I get no cash assistance and we are only eligible for $16.00 a month in food stamps because I will eventually get my unemployment. But even when I get my unemployment I don't know how I am going to save enough money to get the power back on. I'm trying to sell my house but in this market haven't even had one person seriously interested in buying it and I am sure with no power it isn't making it easier to sell it. Once I sell it we need to move to a smaller more affordable home, again not sure how I am going to swing it but we will.

I'm not used to asking for help, I've always worked and been able to pay my bills, the last year has been the most difficult for us.

We live in Southern New Jersey.
David145
anti spam: Blue

Re: Electic diconnected, daughter pregnant w/ TWINS please help

Post by David145 »

Hello my name is Shamekka. I'm a 29 year old single mom of 5 children and I'm expecting twins in March, buy my electric is disconnected. It seems like for the past 2 years life has been so hectic for me and my daughter and now I am pregnant again. Yet I never thought it could get any worse until my husband and father of my children passed away October 12 due to contracting the coronavirus.
Never in a million years did I imagine I'd be raising our children alone. I try my best everyday to maintain a smile and push forward for my children. Its harder as well due to my 2 year old having autism. I have family in South Carolina but I never really got to know any of them due to the fact of being adopted. I go to school online at The University Of Phoenix. Yet I find myself not being able to get get my lessons done on time due being an active parent to my babies. As of now I'm on the verge of being homeless due to pass due rent.
I've tried applying for many of jobs but no luck I haven't gotten any opportunities. I wish my husband could be here, lord knows things were close to perfect. It's hard but I keep pushing daily and I know with gods will I will prosper and get through this, even though I am pregnant and struggling now with disconnected electric. Hopefully I can get some assistance. Anything will help for me and my little family. Thanks alot.