Out of pocket costs for medications

Ways to increase your income or make money.
Puerto Rico
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Out of pocket costs for medications

Post by Puerto Rico »

Hello,
I have a current issue with my father in Law. This man has been through so much in the past two years, and now he is struggling to pay out of pocket for his medications. From being fired from the job that he worked at for so long because the company didn't want to dish out the money for his wife's cancer treatment and struggled you get by paying out of pocket for prescriptions and medical. His wife passed two years ago and has had nothing but trouble getting up on his feet again.
He did happen to find a place to live and required a new job one year ago. Although, he was fired yesterday for not wearing a hat when he was working. (He had a position at Subway) His land lord will not sign the forms that he needs to get the help for medical issues and low income. She refuses. He has been having to pay out of pocket for his medicine and now is behind on his rent due to the fact that the Landlord refuses to sign his forms. Please if there is any way that you could help out this man with his medications it would mean the world to us. If you could direct us to the correct programs in order to help him.
-Thanks so much,
Goodman

Re: Out of pocket costs for medications

Post by Goodman »

Hello,
My sister is on SSI disability and has moved from NY to Houston. She needs medications and out of pocket medical costs paid, but we need a job to pay for it. I am trying to help her get set up in Houston. Is there a ride program in Houston for disabled persons for a job as well as out of pocket prescription drug costs? She is not physically disabled but has psychological issues. In order for her to be as independent as possible, it would be really helpful if she can have access to transportation to get to grocery stores, etc. She resides in Montgomery county.
JOlsen

Post by JOlsen »

Hello:

I am writing because I am seeking assistance with my utility bills which now have exceeded $2K. I also can't afford out of pocket cost for medications. I am unable to fulfill this financial obligation as I am disabled and on a fixed income. Additionally, my medications’ out of pocket costs per month completely deplete my SSD alone. This leaves me with absolutely zero dollars to apply to anything else such as other utilities, other medications, food, insurance, rent, etc.
The summer heat was brutal and going into the winter months will not be any better for my condition, despite trying to keep the thermostat at its most efficient settings. I live alone, have no children, no significant other/spouse nor family.
I tried applying for assistance with the utility company but was told I didn’t meet the income threshold or income poverty level and that I made too much, therefore was denied without listening and considering the rest of my situation for medication costs from out of pocket costs. I was told to apply for payment plans, but as I stated earlier, I have nothing leftover from the cost of the medications, to apply to the utilities growing balance.
I am hoping you can guide me to resources that can assist.
Thank you for your consideration,
Priscilla
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Hi Priscilla,
Try a patient assistance program for the medicines and out of pocket costs. In addition, we have information on making money on the website too, which you also referred too. But look here for details on patient assistance programs for drug costs.
JOlsen wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:26 am Hello:
I also can't afford out of pocket cost for medications.
Priscilla