Find how to get help with rent
Bucker
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

HIV friendly housing

Post by Bucker »

Hello,
My name is Lonnie, I live in a house with my roommate who is the homeowner and has HIV. I have lived here going in 20 years. In that 20 years I lived here we have never had the central air conditioning in working order. We both have a small window unit in our bedrooms, mine is a little 5000 BYU one I bought from Walmart going on 10 + years ago. If it were up to me I would of done everything in my power to get the central air fixed, but it’s not in my power. My roommate and homeowner has made 0 effort to get it repaired and I think the reason is he doesn’t want to have to deal with the electric bills when they come.
But, I don’t have any option to move, I was diagnosed with systemic heart failure in March of 2021 due to the HIV. David my roommate almost died from complications of the HIV virus. Neither one of us should have to endure this heat. I get Medicaid for my Heath problems and he has financial help with his through the effort for aids organization I believe. I can’t apply for any financial assistance I’m assuming to get the air conditioning replaced or help with the electric bills because I don’t own this house. I’ve never reached out to anyone before, I’ve always just got myself though it but with my heart condition I’m not willing to go through this anymore. The heat is too much for me to bear. If kind people donate money to organizations wanting to help people that really need it then here I am! Please help with guidance or anything to get through all the Red tape so I can live in peace. And that’s all I’m asking, to just live normally in a house that doesn’t feel like I’m waking into an actual oven.
Sincerely,
ETFedge
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: HIV friendly housing

Post by ETFedge »

To whom it may concern,
Wishing you much Peace, Joy and Happiness!
I am reaching out for your support and guidance. I am a 35 year old male who is HIV positive, living alone in a one bedroom apartment. I am seeking a new, bigger income based housing to live in. Just like many of us, I am struggling to survive and make ends meet. I am currently employed with Optum, under UnitedHealth Group as a Supervisor. I am HIV Positive, and I am also a heart patient living with an enlarged heart (H.C.M. - Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy). I am also living and suffering from Lower Back Pain, in which my back does not allow me to sit down, causing me to stand a lot more than normal and the nerve pain runs down my right leg, making it more difficult to stand or walk. I suffer from stomach problems as well, not being able to control my gas and going to the bathroom on a consistent basis. As an HIV patient, I also suffer from uncontrollable smells coming from my body, through my skin and my pores, that there is no fix for. I am seeking medical attention, but I am also going to seek Mental attention from a Mental Health Therapist soon. My back hurts so bad, to where it won't allow me to sit no longer than 20 minutes at times. I have to sometimes rush and get out of my car when stopping at Red Lights, just to stand and stretch to get out of pain for that current moment. I am going to Physical Therapy, trying to avoid surgery and screws being placed into my spine. Its hard for me to work at home, as I have to toggle between Standing, working on my knees and sitting for short periods of times. I have to sometimes try and work while laying down. It's also hard for me to eat more healthy foods that I can't afford to buy or purchase.
Due to my uncontrollable hygiene, it's as if people don't care to be around me, and part time jobs won't hire me. They can't and won't say it, but I know that's the reason why.
My credit score is low due to me trying to keep up with my Car Payment, Working on an old Credit Card balance, Medical Bills and working to get Student Loans off of my record. I am hoping an HIV income based housing program will overlook that. My wages is currently being Garnished by the State of North Carolina due to taxes. I have applied for extra help, but I get denied so quickly due to my Salary being over 50,000. People don't care about what I go through and how I struggle, they will look at my Salary and deny me from Income Based apartments and I often get denied quickly, upon trying to get Financial assistance. It's difficult for me to find a part time job with my back issues and my hygiene. They can't and won't tell me that, but I know that's why they won't hire me. I smell too bad for them to bring me into their working environment.
I go through so much Mental depression and have been through some suicidal thoughts as well. It's as if there is no help for me, due to my current Wages or tax bracket. But I can't even afford to feed myself at times. I can't sit down, and that now prevents me from driving ride share like I use to. I stand so much, my feet hurts sooooo bad now. I have been facing back issues for over 3 years and it got worse when I had a back spasm back in April of this year. I have lost so much weight over the past 5 years from being Positive, and people look at me so weird now. Between me smelling bad, getting smaller and not being able to walk correctly or sit down. This is a lot! I need help! But people don't care, all they look at, is my yearly Salary, and I am immediately denied extra help. This is a hard life for me to live, and to try to be happy.
I am currently on a month to month lease. Trying to find another apartment that is for HIV people, but its not an easy process. I'm struggling trying to come up with a down payment for a new apartment, pay my current month to month rent, car note, Internet bill, Duke Power Bill, Food to eat, Car Insurance and my wages are being Garnished. Life is too much, but I am trying my best.
I am hoping and reaching out to see if there is any help that your organization can provide? I hope and pray that this message will fall into the right hands