Old rent from landlord

Find how to get help with rent
Alford
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Old rent from landlord

Post by Alford »

In 2010 my old landlord charged me $624. I disputed the charges with the company and collection agency. It was sent back to the company. I can't move to any new apartment until this is paid, I'm single, 33 weeks pregnant and I only get $268/month in welfare/cash assistance. I am also in between homes. How can I get help with paying this old debt?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Old rent from landlord

Post by Admin »

Well unfortunately when someone is single they are not usually given priority by many agencies and rent programs. Most places focus on families with children, seniors, disabled, and similar. However Florida does run a program that may help. It can be found Florida Emergency Financial Assistance Program at this location, and it can help with rent, energy bills, and similar costs.
Alford wrote:In 2010 my old landlord charged me $624. I disputed the charges with the company and collection agency. It was sent back to the company. I can't move to any new apartment until this is paid, I'm single, 33 weeks pregnant and I only get $268/month in welfare/cash assistance. I am also in between homes. How can I get help with paying this old debt?
bluegourami3

Post by bluegourami3 »

What happened to the security deposit you may have put on this apartment. Have the collection agency and/or landlord, write and specifiy what happened to the security deposit against the apartment you had. One thing I learned, is whenever I move into a place and move out, I take a disposable camera and take pictures. You have to protect yourself at all costs, and pictures are worth a thousand words.
Heart

Post by Heart »

I lost my job back in July of last year. Shortly afterwards my boyfriend was in an accident on his way to my house to take me to another job interview. He was hospitalized for several months. Upon his release l was his primary care provider along with his mom and more he died this March. Unfortunately there are no benefits in life or death when your not married. What little help l got financially from my boyfriend is no longer there. I had searched the web daily l recently found part time work. However that’s not good enough when bills are pass due. I notified my landlord that my rent would be late but was able to convince him to think on a realistic level. I have contacted the Salvation Army on the 11 of Sept @ 11am as l ways told by them every yea its the same thing you can't get anyone on the phone and the voice mailbox is full. This year l recorded there message. The Heart of Georgia hasn’t been any help either there are always no funds available. I have always worked this yr has been the hardest l have been reaching out of help for three yrs here in my hometown I really hope that you all will be able to help locate a program that really help people that are genuine need. I lost my house two years ago l am a mother of two girls and three boys l cant lose my house again.
Gronk1

Post by Gronk1 »

Please send me information for New York City. I need housing (ASAP), food & other bills paid. I am in desperate need of assistance to prevent eviction from my apartment. The landlord is willing to let me stay but need to make an immediate payment for 2 months ~ impossible due to no funds. I had identity theft & can not manage on a part time position. My things are in storage & the landlord has issued a request for back payments as well as hospital bills. My finances are a hot mess. This is all overwhelming & could use assistance ~ sadly this has all made for an immediate deadline. Would you kindly send a guardian angel or options? Thank you so much for your time & any resources you can offer.

PS I have always been a good tenant but due to downsizing am unable to make ends meet. Sadly I've become to feel absolutely helpless. I have always supported charities & my church ~ hoping that paying it forward karma will assist me now. Again please & thank you for any consideration.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many rental resources in the greater New York City region. They can not only provide some money, but a major focus is on legal aid and/or mediation. The city has a housing court to ensure that people are treated fairly. There are also countless rules and regulations in place. So this is combined with emergency rent help in New York City, and hopefully all of this can keep you in your current apartment.
Gronk1 wrote:Please send me information for New York City. I need housing (ASAP),
Hanlon3

Post by Hanlon3 »

Hello, there my name is Kazandra.
I am reaching out today to see if I can get some help from your organization regarding my current situation of old rent from my landlord. I am hoping that this organization can help me pay some of the balance that is left from my previous apartment complex of my old landlord. I don't have the money to pay off the 3,000 dollars that is left from my last apartment complex. I know that this balance is going to affect me in the long run as an adult my rental record as well as my credit score.
I am hoping you guys can help me with the old rent from my landlord. I just got out of a very abusive relationship.
I am currently going to therapy. I just got my apartment and a new job that I can barely afford to pay rent on top of my bills. I have lots of bills to pay and can't afford to pay that balance off. That's why I'm hoping to get this help.
Once this situation is resolved, I am going to work better on myself and my long-term plans to open up my own business, pay off all my debt, get my car and become better at my adult decisions.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

No one will give you $3000 of course...no charity or government program. But since you have that past eviction, there are some things you can do. Look here for details on leasing an apartment with a past eviction on your record.
Hanlon3 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:13 am Hello, there my name is Kazandra.
I am reaching out today to see if I can get some help from your organization regarding my current situation of old rent from my landlord. I am hoping that this organization can help me pay some of the balance that is left from my previous apartment complex of my old landlord. I don't have the money to pay off the 3,000 dollars that is left from my last apartment complex.