Employment needed so we can get a place to live

Ways to increase your income or make money.
DeeDee
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Employment needed so we can get a place to live

Post by DeeDee »

My boyfriend and I (significant other) have just lost out unemployment, and have less than a week to stay in our current apartment. I cannot go home at the last family members I have (due to sever abuse/unstable and no income) and my boyfriend and I need to say together due to travel issue (I cannot drive) and obvious other issues. We are in Cheshire CT, and are hoping to either get help with a place to live, a job or paying rent so he can keep applying to jobs and looking for work ASAP, or find somewhere within our reign that we can somehow live in until he gets employed again. We need a temporary place, so this shouldn't be a long term option (it's been 1 full year since he was let go). Thank you so much.
Sylvia1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Employment needed so we can get a place to live

Post by Sylvia1 »

Hello
I was referred to your ministry by the Wade family to try to help with employment and a place to lice. Travis was a former colleague at McCall's Tavern however we keep in touch.
I was trying to apply for help on line but the captcha was invalid.
I am 54 and moved the Lady Lake to care for my 90 year old mom a few years ago.
I had been continuously employed in the area since 2015 until my most recent employer was bought out and I was let go in October.
I applied for unemployment and received as of October 2, 2022.
I have been diligently searching for a job for 7 weeks. I send out a minimum of 10 resumes a day, exceeding the requirements of the DEO. I have been on 2 interviews and have had one phone interview in all that time. I need employment than a house most of all.
My car payment is due on the 24th. When I lost my job I thought I would have secured employment by now and it would be no problem to pay it.
My contribution to household bills has always been food. The care of my mom entails cooking nutritious meals for her, cleaning the apartment, laundry, shopping, driving her to appointments, errands, and most importantly ensuring her golden years are as enjoyable as possible to prolong her life.
I recently applied for food stamps and just received my card last week.
Unemployment is $273 per week.
Food Stamps EBT is $281 per month
My car payment is $732 for a 2021 Jeep renegade islander. Chrysler capital finances the loan.
My car insurance is $166 with Progressive.
My pay as you go boost cellphone is $35
I just had to renew my Florida driver's license $50 and registration $39 as my birthday is in November.
I pay for gas and all bills for my 12 lb dog.
I have no close friends or family to ask for help.
Travis was sure that Love Inc could help. I have no children and have supported myself since I was 18 years old. It is embarrassing to ask if you can help me.
Truly I was positive that I would have a job by November 23rd when I lost my job on October 1. I had paid my car payment is advance so seven weeks to find a job seemed completely reasonable but for some reason, I cannot get hired.
Although I maintained a 20 year career in corporate commercial real estate, I have done whatever I needed to in order to earn a living since moving here.
I have worked at the country club restaurants, Walmart, Kroger and then got my insurance license.
I have tried selling my belongings on marketplace and yard sales and offered my services to acquaintances as a driver to work and for errands if they are without a car.
My mom and I are available if we need to come into the office in Summerfield.
Thank you for reading.
Diana