Find how to get help with rent
Mccant
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Displaced from house fire

Post by Mccant »

Hello, Need Help Paying Bills.
I came across your website and reaching out for more information or help. Someone with the State of Georgia Rental Assistance Program told me that I'm ineligible for help even though I have been displaced from a house fire. I've contacted numerous organizations - United Way and Salvation Army are depleted. I've also been playing "phone tag" with the Catholic Charities of Atlanta.
Based on the list below, am I eligible to receive funds for rent and utilities, plus deposits? I'd greatly appreciate any help that I can receive. You can reach me or via a reply here.
• Have separation paperwork from my former employer that advises it was due to the pandemic (permanently laid off July 2020).
• Received UI benefits from the State of Georgia.
• Rented a basement apartment without a lease but have CashApp documentation of my rent payments (until UI benefits were exhausted) and USPS mail sent to me at the address in 30168 zip code. Cobb County in Georgia is no longer accepting applications for rental assistance.
• Since a house fire on 3/16/2022, I've been displaced (have a copy of the fire department report). The American Red Cross paid for a few nights at a hotel. I'm currently staying with a friend for a couple of weeks until I find an apartment.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Displaced from house fire

Post by Admin »

If you were displaced do to a fire, there are both charities and government programs that may help with rent. Places like the Salvation Army, FEMA, or others. Try this to find assistance for renters.
Mccant wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:29 am Hello, Need Help Paying Bills.
I came across your website and reaching out for more information or help. Someone with the State of Georgia Rental Assistance Program told me that I'm ineligible for help even though I have been displaced from a house fire. I've contacted numerous organizations - United Way and Salvation Army are depleted. I've also been playing "phone tag" with the Catholic Charities of Atlanta.
Based on the list below, am I eligible to receive funds for rent and utilities, plus deposits? I'd greatly appreciate any help that I can receive. You can reach me or via a reply here.
• Have separation paperwork from my former employer that advises it was due to the pandemic (permanently laid off July 2020).
• Received UI benefits from the State of Georgia.
• Rented a basement apartment without a lease but have CashApp documentation of my rent payments (until UI benefits were exhausted) and USPS mail sent to me at the address in 30168 zip code. Cobb County in Georgia is no longer accepting applications for rental assistance.
• Since a house fire on 3/16/2022, I've been displaced (have a copy of the fire department report). The American Red Cross paid for a few nights at a hotel. I'm currently staying with a friend for a couple of weeks until I find an apartment.
SandyAla

Post by SandyAla »

Hi my name is Emily & recently my apartment was deemed uninhabitable by my landlord due to a fire. I was displaced. But I Received enough assistance from Redcross to be places in a motel for about a week. Afterwards I had to use my own funds. I recently lost my job due to lack of transportation from where I could afford to stay. Yesterday I was served a 3 day eviction notice & I need any kind of assistance possible so I am not permanently displaced from the house fire.
I'm from Illinois. I moved here after my dad died because my mom had a friend in Greers Ferry where she stays & she decided she needed away from all the memories. She ended up staying, but there is little to no work there because it's such a small town, she lives in the country & I have no means of my own transportation. My mom has lupus, but she lives in a camper, she doesn't have the room for me & I need to be here for her when she gets sick. There is more access to better doctors and jobs here. Please see it in your heart to help me, or refer me to someone who would help people who moved due to a house fire. Thank you for your time. Happy Holidays
I am dreaming

Post by I am dreaming »

Good evening,
This is Nia. I am asking for financial assistance in getting our home back from the fire that completely damaged the home last Sunday as we did not have any homeowner or renter assistance and we urgently need help as we were displaced.
I am trying to get photos of the inside of the house but no one is allowed in the home yet. I have pictures of the front of the house. I would be so thankful because we don't have any income for both the family who lost the home and the landlord.