Serious memory loss

State and local government assistance programs.
Peter Sorokaput
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Serious memory loss

Post by Peter Sorokaput »

Hello, My name is Darlene, I currently live in Pinole in a home with my boyfriend of 17 1/2 years.  We like a lot of people are going through a hard time and are also faced with memory loss. I will start off with Me.
I use to take care of Stewart's (parents) in this home first his mom who had a stroke Which caused short term memory loss. Then she had breast cancer which she thankfully was a survivor.  She was a strong lady.
I took care of her for about 7 years when she passed away.  At the same time I or prior to her passing I also took care of his dad who had may conditions, some were C.O.P.D., CHF, diabeti. He was on oxygen 24hrs a day. Any more conditions that is to many to list. After his mom died Stewart (my boyfriend) went into the hospital a year to the day and ended up having a real bad heart condition which made it impossible for him to work including years prior he had a back injury at work where he has two blown disc in middle of his lower back.
So we have had some stressful times due to medical issues and memory loss. Which does not include my children and his children  things, like his children (now adults) have been in a brutal domestic violence where they were hospitalized and almost died and in a car accident where broke and fractured both pelvic and they said he may never walk (he is walking).
My daughter has and is going through major health issue. Has had a major knee operation, gull bladder removed 2x because they did not get it all plus bile duct had to be operated because they didn't get the gallbladder the first time. She had major gull stones at 15 years old. She Has endometriosis and has cysts on ovaries, had staph infection, has had meningitis has a low immune system because of health issues.
These are just some of the things she has had in the last 10 years (there is to many to list).  So as you can I may not be able to be paid but I do work. A LOT.
Now back to the issue at hand:
Right now we are behind in bills haven’t done taxes and need to pay house taxes.Just the other day I finally got approved to receive INHS. (Get paid to take care of Stewart (my boyfriend).  I don’t know how much or how many hours and I won’t know for a couple week and when it is all said and done and I get money it will be at least 2 months. Which is good but doesn't help us now.
Another good thing is after a four year battle Stewart finally got approve for disability for the memory loss. Which is good but it’s been a long 4 years. We also don't know when his money will come in but it will just don't know when yet waiting for approval letter.
Now to top things off a year ago on May 9th, 2015 Stewart’s dad passed away and left the house to him. He did not leave any money just the house (like his dad said he never would have thought he would out live his money).  Basically last year when he paid house taxes and did yearly taxes he passed away.
So this brings us to the present. I have no income but it is coming. Stewart has no income which it's coming.
House taxes have to be paid.
Have to do my taxes, Stewart’s taxes for the year and we haven't done them because his dad use to claim us so this is new.
I need to do his dad's last yearly taxes.
We owe money that we had to borrow to keep us going.
We owe PG&E, Water, Garbage, and Cable which includes our phone services.
We do have food stamps.I have tried looking for help. Resources and I am stuck with everything is going to Be turned off and tried as many places and I know I haven’t tried them all.  I was only asking is there any places that can help us to make it through maybe the next 3 to 6 months while we wait on disability for the memory loss.  I really hate asking for this but maybe someone some place can just help us keep going instead of being kicked out. I thank you very much for taking your time to read this. Hopefully we can make it and if there is someway something helps us I will one day be able to help someone else or as many people as I can who need help or might be in the same situation.
Carolyn12

Re: Serious memory loss

Post by Carolyn12 »

Good evening
I hope it is ok to ask here. I need help for my family. I am the mother of 4. My oldest is disabled neurologically and has serious memory loss. My youngest is still in the NICU (newborn intensive care unit) we are struggling. We do have income from my Native husband's VA disability. He is a former US Marine and a member of the Lakota tribe.
But the income is not enough for a home. We are being asked to leave as we are doubled up and have nowhere to go. Currently we are in Quincy. I was born and grew up here. I am a new graduate nurse from Laboure college. But with my son still in the hospital I am mostly there. ( He was born with multiple deformities) . We tried to get help through the VA but they referred us to apply for HUD housing. But we need help now. I know eventually I can make enough to save for a home but not yet.
Is there help for someone in our situation, with a son with almost no memory due to loss? I do have a motorhome but nowhere to keep it. We do have health insurance thank God.
I hate to ask but I don't know what else to do.
Thank you for reading my email. I appreciate your time.
Many thanks
Keagan
anti spam: Blue

Re: Serious memory loss

Post by Keagan »

Hello, my name is Rebecca and I got this email address from the information from my phone. I have been living at my address for 5 months now and when I moved in I had to pay a deposit. I struggle with work from serious memory loss from COVID.
I have an old electric bill 2 bills of that, my dad the money he needed, groceries, and things for the duplex so I could live there. I get disability and it goes so far. I was wondering what kind of help that I could get help with. I am a very conservative person and does not waste any water at all please help. Thank you for your time and consideration plus God bless you all!