Money for the minimum payment on my electric bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Colemand
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Money for the minimum payment on my electric bill

Post by Colemand »

My electric is about to be shut off, and I cannot pay the minimum amount to keep it from being shut off. Everything in my house runs off of electric including heat. My household income exceeds amounts for government assistance, but I am having a hard time catching up, there is no extra income to catch up the bill. I am not sure where I can turn to get help.
Cruisers
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Money for the minimum payment on my electric bill

Post by Cruisers »

Good afternoon,
My name is Jennifer. I live in Delray, Florida. I have been trying to reach out to someone, anyone, that may possibly be able to help me and my family of 7 in any way possible with money for our electric and other bills.
I lost my job last January and my husband was doing well with his Handyman business, so we decided I would become a stay at home mom. A few months later, in July, he had a horrible and tragic accident while working. The accident has left him blind in one eye and completely unable to continue working or doing much to help out. I've been trying to do as much little jobs as I can possibly find that won't take me away from being able to care for him or our 5 children, 2 of which are not in school yet.
With the exception of us currently facing our electric being shut off, any moment now, and an eviction for us to move, I've been able to keep us somewhat afloat but not nearly close to being where we are okay. We are not okay at all and we need money for the minimum payment on our electric bills.
I was trying to find an agency that may be able to at least help us out with the electric bill minimum payments. From all the searching I've been doing there's not much assistance available due to covid. I was hoping to check with your agency but I'm not sure how to go about applying or asking for help. I have called several phone numbers that I've found on assistance websites but nobody has answered or returned any of my messages that I've left.
Could you please help me with this or possibly guide me in the right direction to get help?
I'm extremely embarrassed to have to ask for help at all but because it's effecting my children I have no choice but to swallow all of my pride, humble up, and ask for me.