Emergency everything

State and local government assistance programs.
Dowd Sally
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Emergency everything

Post by Dowd Sally »

I am trying to get information on who I can contact for Emergency rental assistance, emergency assistance to help pay utility bills, and emergency Christmas assistance (if available). This is emergency everything!.
A friend of mine told me that the Salvation Army sometimes gives financial help to families in need and in emergency situations. My family currently fits this exact definition. I have been very sick with a multi systemic illness since August 2021 and as a result have been out of work since February of 2022. I have not received a paycheck since this past August, as the insurance company is playing games and trying to find any possible reason to deny my disability claim.
I am going to be evicted from my home within the next week if I can't pay the past due rent I owe, my utilities are going to be shut off including my phone which is my only means of contact.
Also my car is about to be repossessed and it is my only source of transportation to and from my medical appointments. I am desperate and have nowhere else to turn for this emergency help for everything...
I have 3 children, a 16 year old son, a 14 year old daughter, and a 12 year old son. I have nothing for them for Christmas and no money to get them even 1 thing on their lists... Their father passed away last August and he was my only other source of income/support for them. They are amazing kids who have had a very tough year.
They deserve a good Christmas and it kills me that as of right now, I am unable to give them a Christmas at all...
I have always tried to instill in my children the true meaning of Christmas, that Christmas is about giving and not receiving. For the past 13 years, I have taken my children to pick a gift for a needy child in the community the same age as each of them, they would also pick 1 item from their own Christmas lists that they would like to give rather than receive. We've always left these gifts at the family’s door on Christmas Eve, wrapped and tagged "from": "The Spirit of Christmas".
We have always donated to Toys for Tots, the local church, and countless other wonderful charities. :: This year however I am unable to help any other family, as my own family is very much in need of help, and I am praying that the "Spirit of Christmas" finds its way to us... It is so very hard for me to ask for help, as I truly enjoy being "the helper”.
But I have no other choice as we are suffering from quite a few unforeseen emergency hardships with everything and very close to being homeless the week before Christmas.
Thank you in advance for your time to give help for my emergency needs for everything. I apologize if you are not the correct person to help with my situation. If this is the case can you please point me in the right direction or give me the appropriate contacts information so I can reach out to them as soon as possible. Any help that your organization is able to give would mean more than you could ever know! Merry Christmas,
Jim B
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Emergency everything

Post by Jim B »

I am Pastor. I came to Elkhart a couple of months ago for a Master of Divinity in Biblical Studies on a full tuition scholarship. But I need everything to help me graduate.
I Am at Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary on Benhalm Avenue, Elkhart as a first year International student from Kenya.
I have challenges here regarding my living expenses which mostly is about my housing expenses and sustainability as well as food and tuition.
My home church in Kenya is small, and I have difficulties raising any tangible funds to meet my living expenses and given me everything I need. Please I wish to kindly and so humbly by the mercies of God request you for prayers towards these needs.
Looking forward to hearing from you as God wills. May our precious Father bless your wonderful ministry to souls for Christ!
Warmly,