Need to move to a more affordable apartment

Find how to get help with rent
Smith Jonses
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need to move to a more affordable apartment

Post by Smith Jonses »

Hello, I am writing you about an Orlando family in need of help moving to a more affordable apartment for them and their kids. I really don't know where to start as I have never done this before. I have worked with a young man named a local store for over 10 years now. We have built a friendship, and family. He has one adult son, who is expecting their first baby any day now and currently serving his country overseas. He also has 3 beautiful young boys and the mother of his children. They all call me "Mama Karen" and tell me I am more of a mother and family to them then their own, who does not help or support them much.
Last month our store closed permanently, and they can't afford the rent anymore on their apartment. They need a cheaper place to move to. He immediately got the best paying job he could quickly- working 3rd shift at Walmart so his wife can work her day job at a local dog boarding facility.. Their 3 sons need help too.
He is a strong, loving, caring man- who is struggling, mentally and physically right now with everything. I have talked to him many times about being positive, seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and having faith. I have been to local food pantries and have purchased groceries for them every other week. I did a gofundme to try to help raise money for rent and bills and to help them pay to move to a more affordable home, I was able to raise $1,000 from family and friends- but each month is a struggle.
Between both of them working, they hardly have enough money for rent and power.. They have cut back on all the non- essentials, and barely scrapping by. They are stuck in a lease until next November- paying over 2k a month, as our previous job paid well, and Jaycee was so proud when they moved out of the dangerous section of town to a safer yet more costly living space, which now they cant afford. He has told me, honestly that Sofia and the boys will probably go to a women/children center and he will sleep in his car at his work parking lot when they get evicted. I would take them into my own home if I could, but I have 2 boys and my husband also works 3rd shift. I don't know how else to help them which is why I am reaching out to you, in hopes that you read this and can help. Thanksgiving is around the corner and I will somehow make sure they have Thanksgiving dinner. Christmas is coming and this family deserves a home, power and gifts under the tree.
I spoke with him today, he is in such a struggle mentally and physically, with not eating or sleeping and his mind going to a dark place. He and his family deserve happiness and to regain faith. He is a proud man, and it has been hard for me to get him to accept help, from years of his own family not offering it. Jaycee is a man who would give the shirt off of his back for someone in need, but now he needs a shirt himself- if you know what I mean. . Please if there is ANY way you can help them. I beg you to help them, any way you can.
Sincerely,
Hunter
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need to move to a more affordable apartment

Post by Hunter »

Hello,
My name is Katrina. I'm 58 years and disabled.
I have been searching for an affordable place, such as a small apartment, to live 4 years now.
I have had my applications in Clermont, Warren, and Hamilton Counties. I decided to span out a bit due to no luck.
I have now been blessed to find an affordable apartment in Brown County. It's a 55+ community and just what I'm needing for health and other reasons. $462 monthly.
What I am asking for help in this. The up front costs to get in there. Application fee, and 1months rent, also deposit. If there is any way to get household goods, furniture etc. That would be amazing.
I am going to forward my benefits from Hamilton County to Brown County. And when settled, find a PT hopefully from home job.
I desperately need this or an even more affordable furnished apartment. I lost everything due to a violent relationship 4 years ago. And a friend helped me. She's passed away and the place I'm at is in Probate Court. They are selling. There are also mental and physical health issues involved. Bad situations.
I do have a Caseworker, she is willing to help if you need to speak with her.
I Pray you can help me. Please contact as soon as possible. I really can't lose this place. Thank you for your time. God Bless.
Katrina