Bills from knee replacement

Help with paying medical bills
Bradshaw1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Bills from knee replacement

Post by Bradshaw1 »

I just had both knees replaced. I had been in arthritic agony for the last two years. This is my 3rd operation in two years, and I have exhausted all my savings and monthly income. The new bills are beginning to roll in now, and I'm beginning to feel overwhelmed and panicky with the medical bills.
I am currently employed as a classroom teacher, and thank God I have good insurance. However, I cannot afford my co pays any longer. I am currently in a rehab facility healing and going through 2 sessions of physical therapy a day. Can my situation be considered for some financial assistance at what may be considered a reasonable level? I look forward to hearing from you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bills from knee replacement

Post by Admin »

There is a non-profit called Patient Services. This organization can sometimes help pay for a co-pay. But it is not common.
As far as the rehab payments, talk to them and ask for a payment plan. that can free up your income for the co-pays. Good luck.

Bradshaw1 wrote:I just had both knees replaced. I had been in arthritic agony for the last two years. This is my 3rd operation in two years, and I have exhausted all my savings and monthly income. The new bills are beginning to roll in now, and I'm beginning to feel overwhelmed and panicky with the medical bills.
I am currently employed as a classroom teacher, and thank God I have good insurance. However, I cannot afford my co pays any longer. I am currently in a rehab facility healing and going through 2 sessions of physical therapy a day. Can my situation be considered for some financial assistance at what may be considered a reasonable level? I look forward to hearing from you.
Wertas

Post by Wertas »

Hi, last year in February I had a knee replacement, with those bills unpaid, and during the year it got infected 4 times! I've been trying to keep up with everything but medical bills from the new knee are outrageous and I even have insurance! On top of everything else my daughter who lives with me is having a baby today and I have to have my power bill Monday! I can pay some on the 1st of month but they won't extend it! I can't bring home a baby in this heat and don't know what to do!!! Thank you
GINAVALENTINA

Post by GINAVALENTINA »

I am a 60 year old disabled widow living only on my ssdi check and I had knee replacement and now in debt with bills. I am getting further and further behind on my bills trying to pay what I can here and there every month but its never enough. I am facing eviction and power disconnection very soon. I live in Bartow County Ga that offers very little assistant places online for knee or debt help or medical. I also live with constant pain in my knee as well as mouth caused by lack of money to get dental surgery needed to fix my teeth. The cost of surgery and all is estimated $15,000-$20,000 and no way i can pay when I still owe on bills from knee surgery. Please help me or send me someone or some where that can.
Thank you for your time
Mary
Cartersville Ga 30121
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,
Since you are 60, and also disabled with a knew surgery and bills due, look into many of the disability programs out there. There are many that help people on SSDI or other government aid. Maybe the agencies can refer you to a debt program, and read more here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... stanc.html
GINAVALENTINA wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:55 am I am a 60 year old disabled widow living only on my ssdi check and I had knee replacement and now in debt with bills.
KellyAnn

Post by KellyAnn »

Hi, I'm looking to see what help there is for me. I have to have a total knee replacement on the 12 and will owe the bills from the surgery. The February I will then be out of work for at least 8 weeks. I do not qualify for short term disability are any unemployment. I do not like asking for help but there's nothing else I have left to do I have a title loan on my car and a cell phone bill that I need to pay each month. That's all I'm currently behind.
What you would say as homeless. I've been living at different friends house's for almost a year now Do to a relationship breakup that was really bad. I will be going back to work full time when I'm released from the knee replacement. If there is anything that you can do or point me in the direction of where I need to go for getting help for those 8 weeks as well as the bills from knee replacement. It would be much appreciated.
Thank you again