Housing near by my work

Find how to get help with rent
Queena
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Housing near by my work

Post by Queena »

Please help me with housing. I’ve been commuting back and forth from Stockton to Tracy for work and I was ask to vacate to place I paid rent to in Tracy California. (I stayed there the night I was scheduled to work). I have been trying to save enough money to move there and now I might lose my job because I can’t get there. So I’m asking for emergency housing for the city I work in. Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Housing near by my work

Post by Admin »

Try some of the social service agencies in San Joaquin County California. Maybe they have suggestions for you on rent or deposit help. Also, it seems like you may be a good candidate for transitional housing since you have a job, are working and can pay some money for housing, and just need a place to live until you move. So try that, in addition to these rental programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html

Queena wrote:Please help me with housing. I’ve been commuting back and forth from Stockton to Tracy for work and I was ask to vacate to place I paid rent to in Tracy California. (I stayed there the night I was scheduled to work). I have been trying to save enough money to move there and now I might lose my job because I can’t get there. So I’m asking for emergency housing for the city I work in. Thanks.
Rudys

Post by Rudys »

Since moving to Houston with my 3 children (girl 16, girl 14, and boy 10). I have been unable to find affordable housing near my work. I have a job and can pay rent. The issue is that I'm struggling to pay for us to stay in a one room hotel. Basically my whole check goes to paying for the hotel every 2 weeks. This is not allowing me to save money for a security deposit and first month’s rent much less utility deposits. Keeping up with the bills and rent payment won’t be hard for me. I am a hard worker and I am very frugal. However paying for a hotel and putting money on a house is not feasible for me. Besides the fact that we have to stay in a not so good part of town and ride the bus 1 hour 45 minutes to work because it is cheaper because I can't get a house near my job. If someone could please guide me as to how I can just get help to move in to a house and then I can maintain the bills. I will do whatever I have to do to pay back or volunteer for someone to help me. Please contact me. Thank you in advance for your time.
Sterner

Post by Sterner »

Hi,
My name is Randolph, and I have been trying to determine how one goes about securing affordable housing in Central Ohio (Columbus) for disabled non-veterans for several months now that is near my work. I was rendered itinerant (homeless) by a criminal landlord on August 24th, 2020, and eventually was forced to move into a sort-of halfway house situation at $500.00 per month, including deposit, on October 6th, 2020. I have an artificial hip and other conditions that make it exceptionally difficult locate and secure a suitable place to live. I require more surgeries, and cannot begin the process until such time as I am safely in a unit without stairs, a private entrance, and bathroom/kitchen facilities. I have spoken to countless property owners, city, county, state and even federal agents, all of them making the claim that there is nothing they can do for me. I have tried all of the CMHA numbers and most e-mail addresses that I could find. I have gotten nowhere.
I began looking for a place that is affordable near my work starting in mid-July, and had to stop "canvassing" when I had a heart attack on January 8th, and angioplasty-stent procedure on January 14th (@ OSU East – Wexner Heart Health – Taylor Ave). This makes my situation critical, as I must now undergo more cardio procedures, and I cannot do that while living here. I am on SSDI – Disability, and I have had in my possession rent and deposit for over a year now (up to $1,100.00). I was on the PIPP program in 2009 and 2010, but I must have internet, as my phone is broken, and I cannot get a new one. My lease here expires on August 30th, 2022, and I do not dishonor lease agreements. My demographic is displayed below. Any assistance is greatly appreciated and thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Randolp,
There are many programs for rent in the Columbus Ohio area. They asisst veterans, struggling tenants, people with a disability and others. Try them here. And for a specific veteran programs, look into SSVF. As far as your region, find rent assistance near you in Columbus Ohio. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tance.html
Sterner wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:52 am My name is Randolph, and I have been trying to determine how one goes about securing affordable housing in Central Ohio (Columbus) for disabled non-veterans for several months now that is near my work.