Questions on my section 8 voucher being ported

Find how to get help with rent
Atlanta
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Questions on my section 8 voucher being ported

Post by Atlanta »

Hi,     My name is Kida.  I am a mother of two great kids (a boy 5 and girl soon to be 10). I also served in the United States Navy. My son receives SSI and SSD. I live in Herkimer N.Y. right now but is looking to move to Pennsylvania. Currently I have section 8 also. I was told that I can move my section 8 on October 1st, (and that was pretty much it). My questions are about porting the section 8 voucher.
1. Is there anything I can do now to help this process move faster?
2. I have a three bedroom, but can I move into something bigger?
3. If I already section 8 and move to Pennsylvania would I be on the waiting list or on the top of the list or ready to go in to a place I found?
4. Is there is any other resources that can help assist me and my family prt the section 8? 
AaronSm

Re: Questions on my section 8 voucher being ported

Post by AaronSm »

Hello,
My name is Cheyenne Wallace and I am currently looking for any organization with funds to help me pay my rent on my section 8 voucher. I lost my job back in March and am trying to figure out how I am going to pay rent for June and possibly July as I use my voucher to more or to port to a new home. I have one additional adult in my household and two children under 18.  My rent payment is $600/month. Could you please provide me with any information on this or if you know of any organizations taking applications for porting section 8, please let me know. You can either reply to this email or give me a call on my cell phone
Thank you for your time,
Cheyenne.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Questions on my section 8 voucher being ported

Post by Admin »

If your voucher is being ported, or transferred, for some people it goes fine. Others it may be an emergency as they need a place to live. Of course, talk to your PHA. But we have other information on emergency section8 programs you, or anyone, can look into. They are used to get help in a more expedited timeframe, and find details here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ucher.html