A free attorney in California

State and local government assistance programs.
Candy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

A free attorney in California

Post by Candy »

I am continuing to try to find help for my illegal lockout eviction in North Los Angeles County. There was very bad mold contamination in the home that was making me very sick, so I contacted the health department. They sent a notice letter to my landlord notifying that he would be cited if the repairs were not made within 35 days of the notice. My landlord ignored the notice as well as my request letter for repairs to be made, and instead removed everything from my home when I was away, changed the locks, and prevented me from entering the property.
I have contacted as many agencies, offices, people, lawyers, etc. as I possibly can find, and nobody can help me. I don't have enough money for a lawyer right now because I have been forced to live in a hotel and pay for new clothing, food, and I've been very sick as well. I have been under doctors care for toxic mold contamination for over 4 months now, and unable to work because of it. I really need help if whoever reads this can assist me in any way.
I contacted the Legal Aid Society of Los Angeles, and they said they only help people who are still living in their house. Unfortunately, I had no choice to be removed, however they denied me any help because I was not currently going through the court eviction process. I called the Sheriff who got me access to my things, but not much is left after my landlord took what he wanted, and the remainder is in a old building that water has gotten through, with no floor, so it's all damaged and covered in mold. I wouldn't have anywhere to put my things except for storage, if I was to keep the mold infested, water damaged property of mine that is left in my landlords garage.
I really need help with legal aid, housing, food, and financial assistance to continue my medical treatment and get me back to a normal life like I was living prior to this.
I am 42 years old, white female with a college degree, never been arrested, did nothing illegal to deserve this. I followed all the laws in order to request a landlord to repair a rental unit, and my rights were violated, and continue to be violated until I can get some government assistance or disaster relief of some kind. I don't know where else to go, I've contacted everyone, and nobody can answer my call for help. They all give me a phone number to another agency or office to call, rather than taking action and actually helping solve the problem. I hope there's relief out there or I'll continue to die slowly.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: A free attorney in California

Post by Admin »

It sounds like you did contact many lawyers. Did you happen to try free legal aid in California? This will normally be for residents that are in poverty. Yes, many places will give you suggestions or other phone numbers, but you need to be persistent. If you can't even take the time to keep calling around, then what do you expect? Some lawyer to give you support with your eviction if you can't even do any work yourself? Anyhow, look here for Legal aid in California.
Donald Trump

Re: A free attorney in California

Post by Donald Trump »

Hi, my name is Britney Polansky and I am in need of emergency assistance, mostly a free attorney in CA to help me with disability. I have applied for disability and am waiting to hear anything from that. My phone was shut off yesterday my electric is due to be shut off, my car inspection runs out tomorrow, my car insurance is past due, my rent is past due. Since disability is taking years I am way behind, a hopefully a free lawyer here in Los Angeles CA can help me.
have a 6 year old getting ready to start first grade and I have no way of getting him his book bag and supplies. If there is any way shape or form I could get some kind of help I would be greatly appreciative. I live in Johnstown pa and I currently am receiving food stamps and I have LIHEAP for my gas bill. If you could please email me back asap.