South Dakota

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Terty
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

South Dakota

Post by Terty »

Hi, I live in Aberdeen, SD and today my electricity and heating was disconnected. I am currently unemployed, and have no vehicle. I have four kids and no way to get my electricity and heat turned back on. I have been preapproved for energy assistance but it does not go into effect until I think January in our State.
RonnieSmith

Re: South Dakota

Post by RonnieSmith »

I live in Sturgis South Dakota. Last Thursday the power company came to my house and disconnected our power line to our house. I have not received a bill from them for a long time. They didn't come to the door or nor send a disconnect notice. I called right away to be informed since March my power had been tampered with and we all their fees and calculation's.
I now owe $3200. I came to think I know how this happened due to a jail inmate of my husbands that was staying with us at that time. Well long story short, it’s the coldest it’s been this weekend. The power company would not take any type of payment for restoring power, I called PUC in Pierre to negotiate with them and an offer I still cannot do.
I have a 13 year old girl having to stay at friend’s house and my other daughter and 2 year granddaughter are staying in a house with no water. I have been finding places or staying here. Please help me.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

We do have information on utility bill assistance in South Dakota. There is of course federal aid but also charities, non-profits, churches and more. They are all listed on the website, so you can try them for support.
RonnieSmith wrote:I live in Sturgis South Dakota. Last Thursday the power company came to my house and disconnected our power line to our house. I have not received a bill from them for a long time. They didn't come to the door or nor send a disconnect notice. I called right away to be informed since March my power had been tampered with and we all their fees and calculation's.
I now owe $3200. I came to think I know how this happened due to a jail inmate of my husbands that was staying with us at that time. Well long story short, it’s the coldest it’s been this weekend. The power company would not take any type of payment for restoring power, I called PUC in Pierre to negotiate with them and an offer I still cannot do.
I have a 13 year old girl having to stay at friend’s house and my other daughter and 2 year granddaughter are staying in a house with no water. I have been finding places or staying here. Please help me.
Flavor
anti spam: Blue

Post by Flavor »

I am a resident of Watertown, Eddington County, SD. I am a wife & stay at home mother of 3 small boys. Ages 3, 2, & 1. My husband works full time as a cook. I am in the state energy assistance program who has informed me that they can pay all but $159.03 of the entire Bill; which is a total of $481.37 we have been trying to come up with the money but no luck. I have contacted other resources but am ineligible for their assistance. My disconnect notice is dated for Nov. 30. But the utilities company informed me that we had until Wednesday December 2 at 8 a.m. to pay or my account will be closed & I will have to pay another deposit plus reconnection fees. My husband won't get paid until next week. Is there any other assistance programs I can try?
Sweetie

Post by Sweetie »

Good afternoon,
I’ve been actively searching for a home to live in in South Dakota, including one that pays utility bills. Trying to stay in the state. I’ve found a few places, that I’m trying to apply for. I’m currently living with a friend which is not the most ideal place for my 2 kids and I. I have a very close friend of mine who’s also been searching for a home for herself and her 2 kids as well. We know what we’re able to afford including utilities, but we can’t come up with a security deposit and first months rent or utility deposit in SD and all the fees associated and we’re wanting to leave are home situations within the month or two max if possible. If someone could assist us or direct us in some sort of way, we’d greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Ada