Been self-sufficient since I was a teen

State and local government assistance programs.
David Faber
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Been self-sufficient since I was a teen

Post by David Faber »

Hello,
I am reaching out for help, the first time ever in my life and especially in the years of working since I was 16 - I am now 56.
I was wrongfully terminated on October 21, 2020 from Professional Rehabilitative Options, Inc. Not only was I terminated, I was sued in Federal Court, Western District of VA and accused of running a competing company. Now I am struggling for the first time since being a self-sufficient teenager.
All the above , was found to be untrue - and has been of great stress, hardship and emotional burden to me and my family.
Due to the lawsuit and having to defend that in VA, an attorney in NC as well as VA had to be on the case.
We have paid the 14,000 NC attorney bill, along with a 10,000 retainer fee to the VA attorney, and have just received what I hope to be the final bill from the VA attorney for $16,000
I do not have $16,000 - my husband works and he has the burden of the family on him, he is self-employed. He paid the $14,000 bill.
We have 2 children, 1 who just graduated from college and is working full time, as she tries to find a job in her major. My youngest is 17 and she also is working about 25-28 hours each week as she is a self-sufficient teen as well.
My unemployment was denied initially, when filed in October and from a hearing the decision was reversed in Jan 2020 - I was already behind on bills from that, and then when I was close to catching up - there was a 6 week delay in extended benefits of unemployment which did begin in late March. I remain unemployed, and have not been able to find employment that I am qualified for at this time.
I am taking online classes through NC Works to foster my skills.
I owe over 30,000 in credit card debt from living off my credit cards, and the money taken from my IRA under the CARES act in December.
I went back to my banker today and had to request to take more money from my IRA to try and tide me over and also to pay this outstanding legal bill.
The lawsuit was dismissed with prejudice , however the burden of my reputation in a work industry I feel is tainted and it will be a while before I could ever work again in Insurance and or Managed Care.
If there may be any programs or assistance I could receive. I have never done this before as I was self-sufficient my entire life, from my teen years. I would be most grateful. Currently, I am very concerned over money.
Anything would be so very helpful ..
Thank you so much,
Robyn
Greensboro NC 27410
MrsJasnen

Re: Been self-sufficient since I was a teen

Post by MrsJasnen »

Hello,
Me and my fianceé and our 2 boys have been living in the same apartment since 2020 and we had COVID and experience hardship during and still are financially. Personally I have been raised as a kid to be self- sufficient, and I have been since I was a teen.
Our landlord just recently went into the nursing home due to physically conditions he is still in his right mind, well then some residents not all like us received the new paperwork but NO NUMBER on who to contact about the changes then we find a eviction notice on our door taped don't know who put it there it was a 14 day notice. This lack of being self-sufficient is new to me. I was a good teen and paid my bills.
We are both disabled my fiancee receives SSDI I'm awaiting determination and we are needing emergency assistance in staying in our home because we have no where else to go. And I been looking up on Google place that will help. We are located in Jefferson City Tennessee. And our 14 day notice was up March 20th but we have no idea who to contact. If someone could please help us it would be a blessing
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Been self-sufficient since I was a teen

Post by Admin »

That most be hard to have been self-sufficient and now disabled on SSDI. Sadly, right or wrong, for better or worse, life is not fair. But look here for money for disabled people.
MrsJasnen wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:54 am We are both disabled my fiancee receives SSDI I'm awaiting determination and we are needing emergency assistance in staying in our home because we have no where else to go. And I been looking up on Google place that will help. We are located in Jefferson City Tennessee. And our 14 day notice was up March 20th but we have no idea who to contact. If someone could please help us it would be a blessing