I need to have a stem cell transplant surgery

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Frank O
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I need to have a stem cell transplant surgery

Post by Frank O »

Hello,
I am a man with leukemia and I need a blood marrow stem cell transplant. My doctors are trying to get me qualified for medical disability as I have no insurance. It's a 500k procedure. This all means that I cannot work or have any income to qualify. I have a 17-year-old daughter as well. She is still in high school. I'm not sure how the government expects people to survive during these times. Please direct me to the best option for help paying bills.
Thank you,
Maher
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: I need to have a stem cell transplant surgery

Post by Maher »

Hello -
I’m not sure what to do. I was hospitalized twice for having a series of small strokes and Covid and lost my job and my car got repossessed as the hospital bills and ambulance trips wiped me out financially. Now due to the stroke they found other medical issues that require stem cells to address, but it is illegal in conservative states. I am behind on my rent and now being evicted. I have no family or friends who can take us in and I don’t know what to do or where to turn next. Any advice or programs I could apply to would be so appreciated. I’m very frightened. I am 54 years old and have never been this bad off, needing stem cells in Texas. I literally have nothing but food stamps but can’t get anywhere that I can’t walk to. There is no public transportation near where I live that I can physically get to. Any help would be beyond appreciated.