Veteran assistance programs

State and local government assistance programs.
Masingale
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Veteran assistance programs

Post by Masingale »

I am an 22 year old veteran and I desperately looking for some form of help. I am homeless I moved from Chicago to Columbia GA from the thought of I can afford to live here. I was robbed of that dream.I depended on a person that took everything I had. I have no money to move back home or have any money to get a home. I am in school, but I really need help to get back to my family. I was DCFS kid then I was adopted. The mother that gave life to me again passed away. So now I am looking for work with the military or any job I can get. I know I'm not the only one with this problem. I am just wondering who can help me. I will work for what is giving to me.
Johnston

Re: Veteran assistance programs

Post by Johnston »

I'm a veteran facing eviction from the house I've been renting for the last 16 years. I feel I have run into some bad luck in both work and health and I desperately need some assistance until I can get back on my feet. I'm currently living in San Diego, California. Help, Thank You
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

There are various veteran assistance programs areound the country that military personnel can turn to. Get rent help, advice, counseling, assistance, and other forms of aid.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _rent.html
For example, the HUD’s Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8)
One well funded federal government program is the Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing Program.

Masingale wrote:I am an 22 year old veteran and I desperately looking for some form of help. I am homeless I moved from Chicago to Columbia GA from the thought of I can afford to live here. I was robbed of that dream.I depended on a person that took everything I had. I have no money to move back home or have any money to get a home. I am in school, but I really need help to get back to my family. I was DCFS kid then I was adopted. The mother that gave life to me again passed away. So now I am looking for work with the military or any job I can get. I know I'm not the only one with this problem. I am just wondering who can help me. I will work for what is giving to me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here are programs and agencies in San Diego California.
Rent help - Vista's Emergency Rental Assistance Program - Dial 760-726-4900
South Bay Community Services - Homeless Prevention / eviction Prevention - (877) 534-2524
San Diego Catholic Charities - Emergency financial assistance, counseling, and free advice 619) 231-2828
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ce_pr.html

Definitely use the link above to find dozens of assistance programs for an Diego CA. They can help prevent evictions from homes and apartments.
Johnston wrote:I'm a veteran facing eviction from the house I've been renting for the last 16 years. I feel I have run into some bad luck in both work and health and I desperately need some assistance until I can get back on my feet. I'm currently living in San Diego, California. Help, Thank You
Bre12

Post by Bre12 »

I don't know if you will be able to help my brother or not but I am desperate to get help for him. His name is John and he is a disabled veteran raising our deceased sister's
son. He has kidney failure, heart failure, and COPD. He is receiving disability and this is his only source of income. They are living in a mobile home in Arnold, MO. Their furnace needs repair and they are trying to keep warm by using the oven on the stove. He cannot afford to have the furnace repaired. I am hoping you can help.I know you help low income people in this area. My brother does not have a computer.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is the person a veteran? If so, have you heard of Operation Homefront? This is a national charity organization for veterans and military personnel. While they are located in Texas, they operate across the country and provide veterans with emergency financail aid for bills, housing expenses, food, medications, and more. 210-659-7756
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _mili.html
Bre12 wrote:I don't know if you will be able to help my brother or not but I am desperate to get help for him. His name is John and he is a disabled veteran raising our deceased sister's
son. He has kidney failure, heart failure, and COPD. He is receiving disability and this is his only source of income. They are living in a mobile home in Arnold, MO. Their furnace needs repair and they are trying to keep warm by using the oven on the stove. He cannot afford to have the furnace repaired. I am hoping you can help.I know you help low income people in this area. My brother does not have a computer.
Freede

Post by Freede »

My daughter is a week old. My boyfriend (who is a former veteran) and I both work but only make $10-$11. Our rent is $1270 a month, plus gas, water, and electric. Not to mention groceries which I am due for an interview with SNAP this week, and also searching for child care. I’m using my 3 weeks vacation to get paid for last week, this week, and next but I will most likely need more time off but wont be getting paid and my boyfriend doesn't make enough to cover the bills by himself. Would appreciate help very much. Thank you for your time.
Offtherack

Post by Offtherack »

Hello
I have a sister In Detroit In that is in a unfortunate spot. Please bare with me and I will try to explain what I am in need of...
She is living with a gentleman that has decided he needs to move on and wants her out now...
Her health isn’t good. She is going in for some serious neck surgery, a bone disease and a tumor on the side of her neck. She isn’t educated and knows nothing about getting her self help. But she is a veteran.
She is retired and makes less than $700 a month.
We do have another sister there that her and her husband is helping as much as they can. Storing her stuff for a month. Will be able to provide some assistance during her recovery, but they are both busy with their jobs and may not be able to help with as much time as she might need.
Now the in need sister will need help with rent and utilities. $700 a month isn't near enough for rent and utilities. She does receive some food assistance.
I live here Ohio and have no extra money going through medical procedures or I would gladly help her.
Can you provide me with contact numbers or even suggestions as to whom I need to contact to help her, even a veteran agency. She will be able to get into an apartment on her next check in September if she can do it on the above amount. She is looking into that through a son that works for a low income housing apartment.
Thank You in advance for your time.
Colbster

Post by Colbster »

Hi - I need $150.00 balance of $650.00 Move-in cost at local apartment. I am a veteran, have have zero funds, no credit cards, and no family with funds. I just obtained job nearby and will be able to pay the monthly rent of $525 (which includes utilities - better deal than other local rents at $400/month without utilities).
There is waiting list at Sky Harbor Apartments, and I need to pay Move-in fee on Monday March 13, 2019. I have $500 committed by owner of my current apartment - who is moving all tenants out. This is the maximum money he will pay. I have cell phone (my ex-wife paying this month's bill).
With new job and nearby apartment. I should be stable and able to pay my rent, pay for food. I have ACHHS health insurance as a veteran and some Nutrition Assistance now. thank you,