40% pay cut

State and local government assistance programs.
Anger
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

40% pay cut

Post by Anger »

Thank you for taking the time for responding to this email. Recently, my employer cut wages of our group by about 40%. This means my single income household dropped from $16.50 an hour in wages, to $10.50. My checks are now not sufficient to cover my bills, not even close. I have gone through all my small savings already, my medical bills are piling up, my property manager is saying an eviction notice is on the way, I am having trouble getting funds from my 401k, (the whole whopping $1300 I am eligible for).
My vehicle has recently gone down, so I am taking alternative transportation. I have no food in my house. My student loans are in default as 40$ reduction does not cover it. I have reached a point where I have no other resources at all to pull from. I literally have no idea where to start. I contacted Pennyrile allied community services in Hopkinsville,  KY, the closest site I can find on the website, but for transportation they are telling me it's $20 a day. When I am only making about $200 a week, you can see why that's not a viable option. I have gone through the site, but everything is sending me back to pennyrile, a source that's proved less than effective. If I can have any help finding other options, while I look for additional employment to recover from the 40$ pay cut, I would really and truly appreciate it. 
RonnieSmith

Re: 40% pay cut and how to pay bills now

Post by RonnieSmith »

My name is Timothy. I am recently relocated to a senior living apartment complex in Conroe Texas after I had over a 40% cut in in salary. I obtained your contact information off of the Entergy website for individuals needing help with electric bills. I'm recently retired (those the pay reduction of 40%) and soon will get SS benefits but until that kicks in, I'm running short on my savings and using a credit card to pay electric bills. I would only need a few months of help. My balance is up to date only because of using the credit card. Please let me know if you or someone else can supply the short term help I need. Thanks for any and all help/information that can be provided.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: 40% pay cut and how to pay bills now

Post by Admin »

Hi Timoty
Sorry to read about the pay cut. Definitely look for a new job too as the job market has millions of high paying, unfilled jobs. In the mean time, for short term help, look here for financial assistance in Montgomery County TX. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ce_p1.html
RonnieSmith wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:00 am My name is Timothy. I am recently relocated to a senior living apartment complex in Conroe Texas after I had over a 40% cut in in salary.