Escaping from trafficking

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Lulu Chu
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Escaping from trafficking

Post by Lulu Chu »

Hi. I was trafficked from my home of Atlanta almost two years ago and I have reached out to Safe Horizon's Anti * Trafficking division and Polaris to be rescued. The Angels at Polaris will provide me with a plane ticket home only after they verify I have secured housing/shelter before I get there.
I was duped into coming here by female * traffickers. When I got here, she did a OTDA application for me to receive money from their victim assistance fund and two years later I have never received anything. The paperwork was done by Latoya Walcott in Brooklyn. So although I am recognized here in New York as a trafficking victim, someone clearly stole the funds from me. I receive the same treatment as all * victims receive. I am not allowed anything outside of welfare and food stamps. For sixteen months the IRS has mailed me the stimulus check and my capturers mail them back. They go into my mailbox and decided which mail I can have. Because I refuse to have *, they have thrown all of my property away, including all clothes, they have turned off the hot water, disconnected the WiFi when I have called or emailed for help, take my pain pills, and regularly throw boogers in any food and drink that I have in the refrigerator.
f they jealous of something I have, they take it or destroy it. I have been under death threats. I have had to defend myself from the other prostitutes here who are under mind control and have no problem killing on command. And although I am pretty much forced to stay here all day, even if I sleep in a different room I am punished. I am also punished from the trafficking home for learning new things on the internet. Two weeks ago I went on YouTube and watched for the first time Madame Butterfly and I was given a consequence.
Because of these people I have suffered chronic homelessness for four years, and they brought me here to New York to sleep with married, affluent men and I refuse to do so. Because of my refusal they are now urinating on what little decorations I have up. I need to secure permanent housing please. If this has reached the wrong person you have my permission to forward to the right department for trafficking victims. I am isolated. Not allowed to have any contacts. Please help.
Rippenea

Re: Escaping from trafficking

Post by Rippenea »

Hi my name is Mary and I am part of a couple of different programs here in Anchorage, Alaska specifically for victims of human trafficking. I was staying in the SAFE-T house for 8 months and was told if I found an apartment I would have 3 months paid for between IAC and FNA, unfortunately after getting the apartment I was informed they could only help me with move in costs …. Which for almost a year wasn’t what I was told. It kind of put me in a tough situation. Since I escaped from trafficking I have been trying to recover, and I have held my position at Uhaul since March and still work here but wish I would’ve planned for something like this.
I have a friend you help out and he told me I should reach out to y’all for possible help with a years rent groceries or such. Really I’d take any kind of help I can. I am thankful to finally be somewhere safe for the first time in years since my abduction and I don’t know what I’m going to do if I lose this.
British

Post by British »

Hello, I recently relocated to Cedar Rapids. I have had an awful year, not to mention victim of human trafficking. My house caught on fire that I was renting. I had a job offer; so I put my dog in the shelter thinking it would be 3 weeks I would get her back after my 1st check and move into an extended stay motel and slowly build my way back up. I ended up getting * trafficked and never got my dog back. My car got stolen. I've lost everything. I have very few clothes. How do I go about getting vouchers for clothing, food, and housing goods.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So sorry to hear that. There is legal aid, government programs, charities and other programs for victims of trafficking. Not to mention other resources in Cedar Rapids for general support. We have them listed, and look here for emergency help in Cedar Rapids IA.
British wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:47 pm Hello, I recently relocated to Cedar Rapids. I have had an awful year, not to mention victim of human trafficking.