Find how to get help with rent
Magenta
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Living rent free as we fix home

Post by Magenta »

Good afternoon,
My name is Brandy am my husband and I have recently been evicted from our home, but now we are living rent free in a fixer upper. We were Blessed with the offer from a gentleman to work on a house in Albion in return for free rent. Right now the house is far from being considered up to code. But it's A roof over our head. Without it we would be homeless. I guess it use to be a trap house????? That's what the neighbors are telling us. Anyway. We are looking for jobs but have not been successful. When we moved in 3 weeks ago we didn't have running water pet alone it being hot. Thank goodness we got that about 4 days ago. We are still in need of a few basic things like a washer and dryer with no money to go to the laundry mate. I have at least 15 garbage bags full of urine and fecal latter smell in clothes that need to be washed. As when we were evicted we had already been with out hear water and power since January.
A refrigerator we have been using a mini fridge. While food we put in it is limited it's something. We could use any help in the food area as possible as DHS can help us because the landlord won't fill out the paperwork.
We also need a bed. We have been sleeping separately. One of us on a air mattress the other in a chair.
We have been trying to get a rescues to come get the strays we took off the street be cause they don't get along with our dog. So in a crate they sit. We could use some food for them as well. As of right now I believe he is paying all bills but I l am not sure. The city is Albion the state is MI. Can we get help with rent and housing in the free fixer upper?
Jim B
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Living rent free as we fix home

Post by Jim B »

My name is Rae and I live in Ventura County., California. I am in need of some assistance in paying rent for this month and partial on last month's rent. I was living rent free for a while while the landlord made repairs, but when rent started I struggled.
I had a room I rented out and the last person didn't pay for last 2 months and he still has his things in the room so I can't rent it out until I get things out of there. I am disabled and can't do this myself so I am looking for volunteer services in the County also.
Back to rent with me having to cover that $1000.00 that tenant didn't pay I am cleaned out and this month without notice my SS check was $500.00 short. I contacted them and was told because I no longer have MediCal I was responsible for my part B Medicare I they took out the last 3 months....no letter nothing to give me a heads up. Three months ago I was receiving food stamps $250.00 a month because of pandemic and that has now been cut off.
I was living check to check before, while the landlord was making fixes, and now I am really in trouble as you can see.
If you can help in anyway or know of somewhere I can get help to deal with the end of the rent free deal I would greatly appreciate it. This has been my home for over 35 years and I am just afraid I will be getting an eviction notice if I can't get help.
I am attaching a copy of my monthly statement so you can see what is owed. I would not expect all that is owed. Anything would help.