Epilepsy from stroke

State and local government assistance programs.
Chicken
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Epilepsy from stroke

Post by Chicken »

Hi, my name is Monica I started suffering from epilepsy after I had my first stroke at the age of 33 on the day after Christmas 2003. I have been having seizures since the 2020. I had a second stroke on Christmas day 2020 that left me with a few problems that aren't that noticeable anymore. My husband of 19 years has taken good care of us until the pandemic hit. Since then he was laid off a few times then was hurt at work and is still awaiting workman's comp from July of 2021. Then I had a stroke and epilepsy.
I have since been trying to work from home at call centers, it has been a challenging time. It doesn't seem like I have half of the learning ability I had. That is something that really bothers me because I have always been a sponge for knowledge got a college scholarship in the 5th grade that I was not able to take due to circumstances beyond a child's control. I am trying so hard and failing terribly. I am on my 4th job since March and don't know how long I can do it. It drives me crazy my mind goes blank a lot. Since my first stroke I have lost my father, my aunt that helped me regularly, my sister-in-law, my sister, my best friend of 33 years, and two of the three kids I raised.
I lost my oldest son four months after my sister and two days before his 24th birthday on March 11, 2013. On January 22, 2022, I lost my Godchild whom I have been with since the age of 11 and raising since I was 16, she was my best friend, my lifelong buddy, my own human baby alive that I have been trying to protect since I was a child myself.
On March 11, my oldest son's birthday my youngest son who is 31 was beaten and left to die and is now mentally challenged it is past overwhelming, My husband I think has the beginning of Alzheimer's and will not go to the doctor he says there is nothing wrong with him but asks questions all day long like a small child, he doesn't remember so much, he loses everything all day long and thinks someone stole them and no one came over. He gets mean and that is so hard to deal with because he is/was my rock, my intelligent conversation, my everything, this too is overwhelming.
I have no one else in this world I feel so alone. Then to top it off our gas was turned off a few months back and tomorrow they will be turning off our lights. I don't have anyone to ask or help in any way for dealing with my stroke effects and epilepsy. A few months back we were without lights and water for a week it was passed miserable and now I have to do it again. Cleco has given me three extensions on this bill and can't push it back any longer. I started a new job a month ago but I am still in training for another week and it is not paid training.
I don't know how they haven't picked up our car yet for nonpayment even though it isn't insured it brings us to the store for groceries and there is little to none of that. I need help to pay the light bill and I don't know where else to turn or who else to ask. I receive your newsletters and thought well asked the most they can do is say no. The stress that I am under at this time is keeping me with seizures and the heat in Louisiana is terrible all year so I'm sure you can imagine in July. My light bill is two in one and the lady said they just mailed out another one. You don't know how much I would be so grateful if you could help me. There is a place here but you have to be there at around six am and hope you get in the first 25 people to receive $50 towards the bill not to sound ungrateful but it won't keep my lights on maybe an elderly person could pay theirs with it instead of me taking it and it is turned off anyway. I can barely move to my stroke and the epilepsy episodes.
I am so sorry to ask, I haven't asked many people through life for help but I need it so bad. My light bill is almost $600 for two months with another one coming in.
Cleco just went up on the rates and everyone is complaining but you pay or do without. I would appreciate the help and I am sorry this email is so long but I couldn't just ask and not give any background on my life. I will enclose a copy of the two-month bill just in case you can help and if not I sure thank you for taking the time to read this email. I would even be willing to pay it back in a few installments.
ETFedge
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Epilepsy from stroke

Post by ETFedge »

Hello, my name is Celine and I'm wondering if you guys provide one time rent assistance? I am in a very tough financial situation at the moment, dealing with Epilepsy and a stroke in my partner and will not be able to pay my rent for December 1st. At the begging of Covid I transitioned from working at the office to working from home, and had my hours significantly cut.
I've found a second part time job doing cleaning on the side to help me out but unfortunately my partner was admitted to the hospital with reduced kidney function and within two months was diagnosed with complete kidney failure as well as Epilepsy. He does dialysis 3x per week, and is unable to work until he receives a transplant. He has applied for social assistance but only meets with the social worker December 3rd. We've always paid our bills in time and have always worked, but it's been extremely difficult since Covid. I also take medication for epilepsy witch is quite expensive and cannot go without it. If there is anything you can do to help, as I'm very stressed about not being able to pay rent next month I would be forever grateful. Thanks for taking the time to read